Stand vs blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand vs blind

There are times when we have no choice. Fortunately over the last few years I do. Cold windy days like Saturday i was ad to be in a blind. But warm afternoons like this I like a tripod or ladder stand. Only trouble is my leafy cover done left me. Hopefully the vines and large tree trunk give me enough background.
    But it's better than sweating in a blind.Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_155632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	25270812Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_155648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	25270813

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You're good!

Nice and warm. Just don't dose off and fall out!

Comment

Looks kinda like my setup. I’ve taken 2 deer out of a mesquite tree this season. I’m sitting 8’ off the ground, also wearing a leafy suit. My Barnett big Cat blind didn’t survive the entire season, deer hated it too.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Nice spot Gary.
          Hang in there, literally
          If this weather keeps up, we will be hunting in loincloths by New Year's...

Comment

I use to hang army surplus camo netting behind and partially around me to break up my outline. It worked pretty well.

Comment

Well one nice young 8 pt, 2 uncooperative doe in late and a sow with food sized youngsters that new something was up and wouldn't commit.
              Tried to draw on a doe but it was too open. As long as I was still I was okay but . . .
              And that's what happens when your oaks aren't live oaks.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I love the ability to be able to see more of what's going on around you from a blind, but I finally achieved the ability to do without that, and settled into blinds.

If it's hot, I dress cool, and crack another window or two open to catch a little breeze.

I've learned to love "the ground", so when not in a blind I use the ghillie.

Rick

Comment

i prefer stands or tripods but ime blinds are the most effective at concealing movement

Comment

I prefer open stands or Tripods, but like said above they’re just not near as effective as enclosed blinds where I hunt out west.

Seems to me the trend is moving to fully enclosed blinds. Hunters all over the country are gravitating that direction.

Comment

Working...
                    X