X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
      They are so thick there you can just bring a bag of bricks and throw them at em.
      They are thick there but it's funny place to hunt. When you have a gun in your hand and you hide behind a bunch of cut cedars, those deer act real funny. Almost like they know something is up.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Should not have a problem filling the freezer.

Comment

Hunted there 2 separated times few years ago. Every sit, I saw deer. Both hunts killed 2 deer within 5 minutes.
            Bring a bag of corn and spread to a large range since you don't know which direction they will show up. Then, be patient. In the evening hunt, the deer may come late. Once, I shot 2 does 10 minutes before the legal time was over.

Comment

Thanks guys

Getting closer and I’m looking forward to it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it’s packing time! We will leave the house around 6 in the morning . The weather is shaping up very nicely for our hunt.
                  Plan to get to the park around 10:30 for check in and hope for a good spot. Staying in Johnson city so if anyone has any recommendations for food please send them, he and I both love to eat!

Comment

Good luck!! Weather should be perfect!

Comment

Good luck! I hope yall are successful and make some good memories!

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Hunted there this year for doe hunt. Saw a very nice buck I took pics of while hunting. One small doe that I passed she was a yearling. Few pigs. Shot a pig because they asked us to. I saw does every time driving to and from. My assigned spot was a small circle clearing. Longest shot was about 40 yards. Plenty of deer there. Wish the spots were set up to see a bigger area but that’s the way it goes. Some folks saw plenty of deer every hunt. Some saw none. Location seemed to be important

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            Well it’s packing time! We will leave the house around 6 in the morning . The weather is shaping up very nicely for our hunt.
                            Plan to get to the park around 10:30 for check in and hope for a good spot. Staying in Johnson city so if anyone has any recommendations for food please send them, he and I both love to eat!

I stayed at the best western. The Mexican place next to it was not good. There’s a lil bar diagonal from there called taps that was a hole in the wall that had a surprising large amount of beers on tap I had one before crashing out.

Ate at proof and cooper one night. That was a good place. My good was good. Cool place with indoor, outdoor seating. Outside area was laid back, good vibe. Friendly folks

Comment

Good luck to you guys!!

Comment

Pecan Street Brewery on the downtown square is pretty good for food. German flair but have a really good pork shank if it’s still on the menu. Ronnie’s BBQ on 290 is typical hill country BBQ. Burger place I think is called Fat Boys burgers. Good burger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X