No announcement yet.

Auto chip shortage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The motivation for packing lots with cars like it used to be is money. The factories don’t make near the money by taking in trickles of orders as opposed to cranking out vehicles at full production. In regards to car dealerships making record profits, that’s a simple supply and demand result. While profit per unit is up, most dealerships are still down overall due to the lack of volume. No one in the industry is printing money.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      We currently have 3 on order, all 2022’s

My yukon xl has been in order the longest and will probably get here last. I’m literally #1 on the dealers list but my order hasn’t been picked up yet.

Courts half ton truck might be here before the end of the year, likely January. We bought it as a canceled custom order that another customer couldn’t get financing for when the VIN was finalized.

My diesel truck is still in limbo, same issues as the GMC Yukon - the options we want are missing the semiconductors.

We didn’t pay sticker, but real close to it for all of them.
      Wish I had your problems. That’s a lot of new vehicles.

Comment

The Ram and Chevrolet stores got some new cars a couple of days ago. I suppose those UAW guys and gals government checks stopped and they drug up and went back to work...

Comment

Ordered a 2022 King Ranch f250 in August and picked it up in October.. got a few thousand dollars below sticker

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
            Ordered a 2022 King Ranch f250 in August and picked it up in October.. got a few thousand dollars below sticker

I was going to order a BMW X5M and a F-250 mid August but the BMW dealership had one come in with 6k miles on it so we bought it. I ordered my F-250 the same day and still don’t have a build date yet.

I’m about to build another one with another dealership because I’m losing faith with the one I ordered from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              I was going to order a BMW X5M and a F-250 mid August but the BMW dealership had one come in with 6k miles on it so we bought it. I ordered my F-250 the same day and still don’t have a build date yet.

I’m about to build another one with another dealership because I’m losing faith with the one I ordered from.

The fords are 30 weeks if you are lucky. Ram is approaching 22 weeks now, chevy is close to ford as well. I got lucky with my second power wagon order...im at 8 weeks post order and it is one day from arrival at the rail yard hub near the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Early this year it was reported that Ford had new trucks parked at a race track in Kentucky waiting on chips. I don’t know if they are still at the track but I saw three separate parking lots stacked with new Ford trucks when I was in Louisville last week.

Comment

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
                  Early this year it was reported that Ford had new trucks parked at a race track in Kentucky waiting on chips. I don’t know if they are still at the track but I saw three separate parking lots stacked with new Ford trucks when I was in Louisville last week.
                  They've been dealing with it since last year some time

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    OVER? Wow, Johnny! You must have wanted it badly. What was the car?
                    BMW 750i all wheel drive with dual turbo's.

10K over was 7% more than sticker.

Think we got the first one sold in America...
                    Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 12-19-2021, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

What did you order ? I’ve got a buddy at work that ordered one with the blackout package back in April and still has nothing. I originally had the factory spray in bedliner in the build.. a few weeks went by and I never heard anything. I then took the bedliner off and bam, I got a build date a few days later. I would remove adaptive steering, bedliner and 5th wheel prep if you have it on there

Comment

I work in this space. From what I understand most people didn’t forecast an upturn during covid. Companies didn’t put in orders for microchips preferring a “let’s see how things go” approach. This lack of orders made semiconductor plants shut down for a bit. Then when folks saw that their buisness was unaffected by covid they put in massive orders since they were behind. This, coupled with the delay in getting the plants going really put a crimp in the supply chain for silicon. It is greatly impacting my ability to produce I
                        Right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          BMW 750i all wheel drive with dual turbo's.

10K over was 7% more than sticker.

Think we got the first one sold in America...
                          Dang. Incredible of a vehicle. Gotta be a hoot to drive. Bet it can easily do over 200mph, but it will still take you 3 hours to get across Houston . Congrats and have a blast!
                          I thought you were a Cadillac man?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            Dang. Incredible of a vehicle. Gotta be a hoot to drive. Bet it can easily do over 200mph, but it will still take you 3 hours to get across Houston . Congrats and have a blast!
                            I thought you were a Cadillac man?
                            I have owned 3 and looked at them before getting the BM'r...

Comment

Lol! There's a vehicle shortage in Texas.No shortage elsewhere.The chip shortage is similar to the jab��

Comment

My buddy owns a jeep dodge dealership. He tells me there is zero rhyme or reason as to when vehicles on order are getting built and shipped. Some people are getting their vehicles built in a reasonable time frame and others are waiting forever. I ordered a Jeep Grand Wagoneer mid June and they just gave me a ship date of December 22 about a week and a half ago. I'll believe it when I see it. I ordered a Ram 1500 about a month ago. He told me it would be between 6-16 weeks to get it in. He then told me he was just pulling those numbers out of his ***, lol. Dont blame your dealers for delays, lack of communication, etc. This is all on the factories.

Comment

Working...
                                X