Tactacam SK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam SK

Bought 4 and charged them prior to putting out last weekend. They are all losing there charge and will be dead within another week.

Anybody else have issues with the SK cam?

Thanks

That panel is small and they use a lot of juice sending timely pics. Likely need to reduce frequency of picture taking and sending.

Honestly feel like they didn't field test the sk and threw something together to grab money since everyone is using panels with their cameras.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

You can’t run them on feed with the built in solar panel. Have to get a bigger external panel (yep, totally defeats the purpose) or run them on trails/food plots.

Comment

Disappointed to hear this. I’m glad I haven’t bought any SK cameras yet. The Reveal X with a Reaktor panel has been a great combination for me.

Comment

I bought 2, they suck. They take too many pics and batteries last maybe a week. I am going to hook up a covert solar panel, hopefully that will work

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
            You can’t run them on feed with the built in solar panel. Have to get a bigger external panel (yep, totally defeats the purpose) or run them on trails/food plots.
            This is spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Disappointed to hear this. I’m glad I haven’t bought any SK cameras yet. The Reveal X with a Reaktor panel has been a great combination for me.
              Disappointed as well…

Comment

Dang I hate to hear this! Bought one for my father in law for Christmas. I went with this one since cell reception can be an issue at his lease. Can you guys recommend a different model?

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                  Dang I hate to hear this! Bought one for my father in law for Christmas. I went with this one since cell reception can be an issue at his lease. Can you guys recommend a different model?
                  The reveal x has been flawless for me. Put it out 5 weeks ago with normal energizer batteries and its at 50% now and has taken and sent over 2500 pics so far.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                    X with an external solar panel. Or an XB (disclaimer, I don't have one of this model). I've had great luck with the X's.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      The reveal x has been flawless for me. Put it out 5 weeks ago with normal energizer batteries and its at 50% now and has taken and sent over 2500 pics so far.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                        X with an external solar panel. Or an XB (disclaimer, I don't have one of this model). I've had great luck with the X's.
                        Appreciate it!

Comment

If y’all don’t have a solar panel with a built in battery you’re wasting your money. I have 6 Tactacam cameras and none of them have batteries in them. The panel keeps them charged. They will pay for themselves.

Comment

I just got the SK and put it out a few weeks ago. Overall it’s a good unit. My battery is at 60% so I’m going to try and move it and see if I can get some more sun light to hit the solar panel. I’m not too happy with the quality of the pics it takes, I have it on 24mp and it’s still not very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              If y’all don’t have a solar panel with a built in battery you’re wasting your money. I have 6 Tactacam cameras and none of them have batteries in them. The panel keeps them charged. They will pay for themselves.
                              I have 2 tactacam x's. 1 has the solar the other doesn't. I'm ordering a 2nd one today. I'm not thrilled with the way they connect but they do work great as far as keeping the camera charged. The one with the charger has never read less than 100% and mine takes and sends about 50-75 pics a day, maybe more when pigs show up. The one without goes thru batteries every 3 to 4 weeks. Solar panel will pay for itself quick.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X