Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the Uukha limbs.

Comment

Rick, go grab a piece of wood that has been laying in the sun on a hot August afternoon. Then grab a piece of pipe and note the difference. The heat transfer rate for the two materials is different. Cold metal will suck the heat out of your hand on a cold day about as fast as it will transfer the heat to your hand on a hot day. Wood is much slower. By the way, I don't have a dog in that fight. I also use some metal riser bows and like them a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
        Check out the Uukha limbs.
        I have, and have tested out a set that a friend loaned me for a few days.
        They are really nice, stable, and fast shooting limbs.
        Unfortunately, they do not build them in the draw weight I desire.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
          Rick, go grab a piece of wood that has been laying in the sun on a hot August afternoon. Then grab a piece of pipe and note the difference. The heat transfer rate for the two materials is different. Cold metal will suck the heat out of your hand on a cold day about as fast as it will transfer the heat to your hand on a hot day. Wood is much slower. By the way, I don't have a dog in that fight. I also use some metal riser bows and like them a lot.
          Yeah, I know all that.
          When it's cold I have a glove on my bow hand, and I'm not holding the bow the whole time anyway. I also have removable wood grips on most of my metal risers, so it's really a non issue for me.

Rick

Comment

Good on you, Rick, for doing all this research and figuring it out. Just imagine, 25 yrs ago you would have been up a creek without a robust internet to find your bowyer who meets your needs. We live in some pretty crazy times...

Comment

Originally posted by jonny_thunder View Post
              Good on you, Rick, for doing all this research and figuring it out. Just imagine, 25 yrs ago you would have been up a creek without a robust internet to find your bowyer who meets your needs. We live in some pretty crazy times...
              Thanks, and that's a fact.

I can't imagine trying to find something like this without the internet.
              Oh, it can be done (we did it), but it would have taken a long time.

Rick

Comment

Rick,
                just curious. Do you not like the Border limbs? I have a couple of their Covert Hunters (Hex 7.5 and Hex 9) but they aren't ILF. So far I'm really happy with them but I haven't shot any of the other super curves.

Comment

Originally posted by eastex56 View Post
                  Rick,
                  just curious. Do you not like the Border limbs? I have a couple of their Covert Hunters (Hex 7.5 and Hex 9) but they aren't ILF. So far I'm really happy with them but I haven't shot any of the other super curves.
                  Borders are great limbs, but from everything I have read these MOAC 2.0'2 from Backwoods Composites are better (faster.more stable), and I wanted to buy from a US bowyer if possible.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X