Lease Price Around Glen Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease Price Around Glen Rose

What would be the going rate there? 160ac, just me and my kids. Place has been in one family 100+ years and they don't hunt. Run a few Longhorns to keep tax exempt.

It could be a gem and it could suck. See how many adjoining properties it has. How much cover on it and surrounding properties as well? Go on Google Earth and see how many deer blinds the surrounding properties have on them. Probably gonna be a lot of pressure in that area since it is growing fast and close to FT. Worth/Dallas area. We pay 1500 for 2 guns in Erath County for 2 people and have lots of deer, but mature deer (4+ years old) are hard to come by due to smaller properties that surround us. We only take one buck a year between the 2 of us and a doe or 2. Let your pocketbook be your guide. Having a place to take your kids is getting harder to find all of the time and it`s just gonna get harder with the state growing from people fleeing Liberal states. 2500 would be the absolute highest price I would pay.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
      It could be a gem and it could suck. See how many adjoining properties it has. How much cover on it and surrounding properties as well? Go on Google Earth and see how many deer blinds the surrounding properties have on them. Probably gonna be a lot of pressure in that area since it is growing fast and close to FT. Worth/Dallas area. We pay 1500 for 2 guns in Erath County for 2 people and have lots of deer, but mature deer (4+ years old) are hard to come by due to smaller properties that surround us. We only take one buck a year between the 2 of us and a doe or 2. Let your pocketbook be your guide. Having a place to take your kids is getting harder to find all of the time and it`s just gonna get harder with the state growing from people fleeing Liberal states. 2500 would be the absolute highest price I would pay.
      it is a customer of mine. it is thick. he said there is quite a few deer and lots of pigs!

Comment

Probably run you $3000

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
          it is a customer of mine. it is thick. he said there is quite a few deer and lots of pigs!
          Pigs can run deer off. Believe me I know.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
            What would be the going rate there? 160ac, just me and my kids. Place has been in one family 100+ years and they don't hunt. Run a few Longhorns to keep tax exempt.
            I grew up close to Glen Rose and have seen some monsters in areas around there.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
              I grew up close to Glen Rose and have seen some monsters in areas around there.

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glen Rose is an incredibly beautiful area. Lots of extra perks like Dinosaur Valley state park and Fossil Rim wildlife park. We had a lease there for about 8 years when my kids were younger. I wouldn't change a thing about that experience except I would have tried to hang on longer. I miss those days.......

Comment

Working...
                X