No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Todd! Impressive to make it to payday. Sounds like 1st place was the team of destiny with a 2 lb lead. Sometimes you have to watch greatness and just give them credit.

Glad to hear you got your new scope setup dialed in. Wonder if perspective could come in handy with two scopes? I have never even turned mine on in that mode.

Comment

Congratulations Clay& Todd

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Congrats Todd! Impressive to make it to payday. Sounds like 1st place was the team of destiny with a 2 lb lead. Sometimes you have to watch greatness and just give them credit.

Glad to hear you got your new scope setup dialed in. Wonder if perspective could come in handy with two scopes? I have never even turned mine on in that mode.

Guys that won run double scopes with one in perspective mode! They caught their fish in 6' of water on any little stick up there was in this cove. Happy for em. They're good people and a couple sticks for sure! They got covered up the last 2 days. I knew we were gonna fall behind several of them but I can't do that. I'm gonna fish my fish not chase the leader. I'll be in contention one of these days and I know for a fact Jeff and Jarod won't come crowd us! Got one more tourney in 2 weeks then we might actually go fish one in Nov on Bistineau! I haven't been on that lake in 20 years or more but I know where I would go!

On a side note it was cool to beat Cagle 2 weeks in a row! That dude can fish! That might not ever happen again!!

Comment

Well Bistineau tourney is same day as day 2 of the Texas State Chamionship so that’s out. The NOCC is doing their annual Jack and Jill tourney on Pines Oct 23. Tons of cool prizes. I’m booked that Friday through Sunday but I’m going to send them $100 for raffle tickets. Headed out for a couple hours to knock the cobwebs off and check out some purpose built lenses! Working on a few new marketing partners for next year! One might take about 500lbs out the boat and keep me on the TM all day long! So awesome to see crappie fishing growing and to be a part of it! I can only dream of being a professional crappie fisherman someday! That would be sweet! Fish about 10-12 crappie tournaments a year and do some shows for a living??? Yes please!!!

Comment

Work weeks over after tomorrow!! Better hide crappie!!!

Comment

Crappie Expo 2022! Back to Branson, Mo! Tourney dates are Oct 20-22 so expo will run 21-23rd. Already got the place we stayed last year booked! Think we’re fishing 13-14 national tournaments next year. Gonna be busy! Couldn’t do it without all the fine folks that help us along the way!!

Slew

Comment

Correction! Expo is 20-22 same days as the tourney next year. Hopefully won't get to see any of the expo next year cause we will be fishing all 3 days! Waters cooling off and the fish are starting to bite better! I love this time of year. Fat feisty crappie!

Texas State Crappie Championship Friday and Sat and then get a break from tourney angling till Jan I think. Texas schedule won't be out till Nov I think but nationally we have 2 on Darbonne, 3 on Grenada, 2 on Fork, 2 on Truman, 2 on Ouchita River, 1 on Rend lake,1 on Lake Washington, and back to the Expo on Table Rock. Rend is the only lake we haven't been on but looking forward to it! Sounds alot like Fork but with smaller fish!

Comment

Fish have really fattened up and got aggressive in the last week! The front of my boat looks like it's been blasted with primer gray. Texas State Crappie Championship on LOP this Friday and Sat. IDK that we're on the fish to win it but we're dang sure gonna have a good time! November on LOP is gonna be awesome!

Comment

Good luck this weekend! Wind is gonna blow! But the fish won't care.

Comment

A couple years ago our stock tank was stocked to let the kids catch fish. Now I enjoy catching and eating them. 13 fish on 14 cast in 10 minutes using a blexbug under a small cork. Dinner is served
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        A couple years ago our stock tank was stocked to let the kids catch fish. Now I enjoy catching and eating them. 13 fish on 14 cast in 10 minutes using a blexbug under a small cork. Dinner is served
                        Very nice crappie for a tank

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tournament season over!!! Hats off to my buddy Buff who nearly pulled off the state championship on LOP missing the mark by .03 pounds! Dang! We couldn't find good fish day 2 and then they shook the water off on the scales flopping for dang near a minute! We watched the weight drop over a quarter pound! We might do something different next year after check in. That's cost us once or twice this year! Least it shows we're good with fish care I guess! Going to hunt some and get back after the tournaments in January!

Crappie fishing is great right now and most folks are in the woods!

Comment

losing by .03 pounds, ouch.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              losing by .03 pounds, ouch.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              Finished Friday in third place about a half a pound off the lead. We felt like we had a chance if we could put 14 pounds in the boat on Saturday . By 9;30 in the morning we had 6 fish that were plus or minus 2 pounds with our 7th a 1.7. I bet we caught no less than 20 1.5 fish but we could never cull that 1.7. we ended up with 13.94 for the day and it put us in second place for the state championship by .03 of a pound….. 2nd is still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick ��
                              CAT has no doubt the best crappie fisherman in the country and we are peacock proud to have place at the state tournament but dog gone i wish we could have replaced that one fish

Click image for larger version

Name:	zz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	24665674
                              Last edited by Buff; 10-19-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Marty!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X