Brown Bear Outfitter Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Bear Outfitter Recommendations

My dream hunt has always been an Alaskan Brown bear w/ a bow. So now is the time to start doing some serious research!

Who has any experience or recommendations they are willing to share?

Looking at 2021.

PM sent

Comment

No experiences, but Lance Kronberger would be on my short list.

Comment

Lance Kronberger w Freelance Outdoors has killed some big bears this year.
        I know one of the guides. May already be booked but worth a try.

Comment

I am also interested in this topic. I just got back from the Brooks Range on a unsuccessful grizzly hunt. I am looking to go back but would like to explore other guides and packages. No matter what it is- It cost a lot of $$$$$$$

Comment

I just got back last weekend also. Great experience and gonna try again in September......also moose! Yep, aint cheap and the better known outfitters are booked for 2 or 3 years in advance.

Comment

What about Russia for Brown Bear? Have some buddies who did and shot some monsters

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                What about Russia for Brown Bear? Have some buddies who did and shot some monsters
                Rifle only right now. The ASHBY FOUNDATION is having discussions with Russian officials about opening it up for bowhunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  I just got back last weekend also. Great experience and gonna try again in September......also moose! Yep, aint cheap and the better known outfitters are booked for 2 or 3 years in advance.

Who did you use for a guide?

Comment

I used Canoe Bay Outfitters, they are down there where the giants roam, my bear squared 10' 5" , missed book by 1/16. You guys going after Brown Bear with a bow are some kind of crazy, hats off to you, I don't think I could handle it.

Comment

I saw several grizzlies but was only able to get in bow range of 1 of them. They are definitely top of the food chain

Comment

Hmmm

Landrover
                        Originally posted by CAH2873 View Post

Comment

Can’t say enough good things about Jonah Stewart. Killed my bear and my sheep with him

Comment

Originally posted by CAH2873 View Post
                            Just getting back to this, sorry about my delay. I went with Amaq Guide Service out of Anchorage. Glenn has had his license for about 90 days and does not even have a website yet. He was my guide during my Mountain Goat hunt a few years ago in Unit 14. He finally jumped into the business side of things.

Comment

You have some good suggestions in Lance and Jonah. Jonah offers brown bear over bait as well. One other is Jeremy Ruesick https://www.rogueexpeditions.com/. Another is https://denalihunts.com/. I have met or know all 4 on occasion and they are all top notch.

Comment

Working...
                              X