San Angelo area info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Angelo area info

I'm looking to buy bulk corn and was wondering if anybody has recommendations as to where the best place to buy is?

I've already checked with Angelo Pellet they are at $280/ton, which isn't that impressive...

Are you sure that quote is for corn? Sounds more like gold ore or the likes. I think I would keep shopping.

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
    I'm looking to buy bulk corn and was wondering if anybody has recommendations as to where the best place to buy is?

I've already checked with Angelo Pellet they are at $280/ton, which isn't that impressive...

Comment

you might check alderman-cave in winters.

Comment

Might try Rowena Pellet Mill, on Hwy 67 just east of Rowena.

Comment

check wall co-op....it was $10.00 per 100#'s bulk...still high tho

Comment

I would think you should get corn in bulk for $10-11 per 100 or less....now if you are talking about buying bagged corn in large quantites then you will looking at a higher price due to bags and labor to bag......

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

The irrigated corn around San Angelo looks to be 2-3 weeks from harvest yet. Usually the best buys are on the turnrow at harvest. The farmer has no additional costs in it and its gone. I'm trying to negotiate a deal in that area for a large volume of corn. I know it can be bought several hundred miles away for 3.10 to 3.50 a bushel (56 lbs.) but that is freight away from Angelo. Let me know if you are interested in buying part of a load. I'm looking.

Comment

Thanks y'all, my buddy said down in the Temple area he was seeing bulk for $8/cwt. Bodey, let's keep in touch, if you are hunting out this way, we might be able to get something going....

Comment

Bodey,

If you find some bulk corn around San Angelo, please let me know -- we hunt in Mertzon and it's going for $7.35 for 50lbs at West TX Wool and Mohair in Mertzon--would like to get it much cheaper than that. There is a place in Miles that sells bulk for $194 per ton. Thanks

Comment

That is so far, the best price around here ($194/ton)and Miles isn't that far. I will keep looking in the angelo area.

Comment

Working...
                    X