Demo'd Lumber - House Remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo'd Lumber - House Remodel

I'm remodeling a house and the living room walls had knotty pine paneling and pine trim throughout the house.
    I have kept some for wood projects, but I have tons more of this wood and I dont want to simply burn it. Lots of 1x2s, 1x3s, 1x4s, 1x6s, 1x10s, 1x12s all lengths from 6-16ft. As well as pieces of paneling.

Is it common to sell demo'd wood? Anyone know somewhere I can take it or do I simply put on CL?

I'm interested, what do you want a board foot?. Measureing from a flush cut on the 8",10", and 12", how many board ft do you have?

Comment

No idea on price, do not know how this is typically sold. Also did not count linear ft.

Comment

call chip gaines in waco!

Comment

I remodeled my house a few years and all that went to the dump....who knew I could have sold it......lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            I remodeled my house a few years and all that went to the dump....who knew I could have sold it......lol
            Not sure if it can be, hence the TBH braintrust question. I would hate to throw it away, it's good wood.

I bet I have enough to trim out a 2000sqft house. I would post in classifieds but not sure what info to list or a fair price.

Comment

Google “reclaimed wood buyers Dallas” I have no idea what it is worth but there are several outfits in DFW that buy and resell this stuff. You may not get much but better than throwing it in the burn pile

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                Not sure if it can be, hence the TBH braintrust question. I would hate to throw it away, it's good wood.

I bet I have enough to trim out a 2000sqft house. I would post in classifieds but not sure what info to list or a fair price.
                I'd also be interested if you decide to sell.

Comment

It'll sell for sure

Comment

When I do any demo or changing things out I usually just drag it up to the front of my driveway. People will grab anything that’s valuable and the heavy trash gets hauled every 2 weeks.

Edit: my demo jobs aren’t every that neat and clean though

Comment

I would square it all off and sell it by the foot

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                        I would square it all off and sell it by the foot
                        What is a fair $/ft?

This wood has lots of finishing nails in it. I don't have the time to pull them.

Comment

Working...
                        X