Spent the day at Camp Agape..parents take note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent the day at Camp Agape..parents take note

Camp Agape is a Berevermant Camp for kids who lost an immidate loved one. I've shared my experience and testimony of losing my dad when I was almost 5 for 14 yrs. this evening the kids wrote down a memory list of their favorite memories they have of the lost loved one. I walked around the room and read so many memories. NOT ONE WAS OF ANY THING MATERIAL! Every one was of time spent together. TIME SPENT TOGETHER. And sadly many of the memories I read made me cry because they were so basic..."the time you bought me a coke", "time you took me to the movie", "time we went out to eat" and " the time you came home not drunk and mean". Go make GREAT Everyday memories and lifetime memories. Every Christmas I don't buy gifts for Riley we take a Christmas Memory get away trip. Ask yourself if you were taken tomorrow did you leave enough memories too last a lifetime?
    Last edited by BrandonA; 11-11-2018, 01:03 AM.

Not a parent, but it hits home. It’s why I cherish every moment I can with my family. I’ve almost lost my mother. And they almost lost me as I fought for my life a few years ago. Why I always say be thankful for who you have and what today gives you. For tomorrow is never guaranteed

Comment

True, I work away from home a lot I have been in China working for 53 days. Glad I read this I need to make sure I do some things with my family when I get home. Flying tomorrow. Thanks for making me think.

Comment

Great message in this thread.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Powerful and true, time is free, spend it with the ones you love!

Comment

Excellent message and so true. We are wayyyyy too consumed with material things, keeping up with the Jones', working more hours to make more money just so we can blow it on useless junk we don't use ninety percent of the time. Its the little things in life that matter, the time we spend with our loved ones, the memories we make that will last a lifetime. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! Where is this Camp Agape?

Comment

So true Brandon. Our motto around our house is We go to make memories. We spend a lot of time in the truck going to Livestock shows and rodeos and I personally love every minute of it as well as my kids

Comment

I was a photographer at one of the Camp Agape camps several years ago. Seems nearly every conversation with any child their started with I remember when my Dad, Mother, Brother etc. did this or that together. Time is something you can't have back. I lost my Dad 17 years ago I my fondest memoties are the things we did together.

Comment

Originally posted by scarecrow View Post
                        Thanks for the reminder! Where is this Camp Agape?
                        Camp Agape summer Camp and Fall Parent/ Fall Camp is held at Camp Bunker outside of Kingsland TX. If anyone has kids or knows of some that have lost a parent or someone close PM.

Comment

My new buddy I met this weekend. He lost his dad to a rare flu infection that slows your heart. Super sweet kid that is struggling to understand. Met some many beautiful kids and parents!! Our God is an Awesome God

Click image for larger version

Name:	F59252DF-3C11-44C9-AF37-3DBE56F323A5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	24559914

Comment

This is the best thing i have read all week. Thanks for sharing

Comment

great deal

Comment

Working...
                              X