2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

I hope this hasn’t been done yet and if so please delete!! Who is getting hyped up about this coming year!! I sure am! This year will be my labs (Bonnie) second year and my girlfriends lab (Sadie) first year! They have both been trained by Nick Stillwell with Run&Gun Adventures and are stone cold machines when it comes to duck hunting! Also, I recently bought a boat to broaden my accessibility to different areas. My 2 sons and I will try to hit it hard this year. Both are very new to duck hunting and extremely excited for the drawing and to hunt some public and private spots this year!

Anyway, please feel free to post away with your hunts, kills and experiences! I’m really looking forward to hearing your stories and seeing some great birds on the ground!!! Keep your eyes to the skies ladies and gentlemen!!

I have some good pics of Bonnie with some ducks she’s retrieved but cant get them to load

Yep we normally have a thread every year for duck hunting. I'm looking forward to it, but I think it will be a tough year with duck numbers way down.

I do have a seaduck and brant hunt scheduled for January in Massachusetts. I'm looking forward to that. I should get 30-40 hunts in this season.

Comment

I’m pumped going into my 3rd season, got a new pup but he won’t be ready till next year. Have a hunt planned in the panhandle and other than that it’ll be public land.

Comment

Ready for early teal! 16 days of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
          Yep we normally have a thread every year for duck hunting. I'm looking forward to it, but I think it will be a tough year with duck numbers way down.

I do have a seaduck and brant hunt scheduled for January in Massachusetts. I'm looking forward to that. I should get 30-40 hunts in this season.
          Hopefully we will have some come in this year but I dont think the numbers will show up till the second split unfortunately. Good luck with your hunt!! I would love to do that some day! I will be hitting the Texas coast a few times this year so I’m excited about that!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Ready for early teal! 16 days of fun!!
            Yea buddy!!! I’m heading to El Campo this year for Teal!!! Cant wait to hunt them sky rockets!!

Comment

Man I can't wait to see that first group cupped up, feet down, and feed em some steel breakfast!

Comment

I am ready as well. picked up a new little refuge rig this past weekend. GT boat and motor
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                  I am ready as well. picked up a new little refuge rig this past weekend. GT boat and motor
                  Man thats nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Txpepper View Post
                    Man thats nice!!!
                    Thanks buddy

Comment

Gonna be a good rig for that!
                      Congrats!

Comment

Gonna be a good rig for that!
                        Congrats!

thank you sir. it's going to be a little under powered but it's going to work. not much I can do when they inforce 25hp and under . it's a 1846 with 23gtr. Boat was really taken care of and not used much from the original owner . I'm ready to get it marsh nasty

Comment

thank you sir. it's going to be a little under powered but it's going to work. not much I can do when they inforce 25hp and under . it's a 1846 with 23gtr. Boat was really taken care of and not used much from the original owner . I'm ready to get it marsh nasty
                          It will work for that & the federal guy definitely enforces the HP rule.

Comment

It will work for that & the federal guy definitely enforces the HP rule.
                            yeah I've had several of these types of boats and know what to expect from it. Going to be a perfect little marsh rig. Gotta love the Hp restrictions.

Comment

yeah I've had several of these types of boats and know what to expect from it. Going to be a perfect little marsh rig. Gotta love the Hp restrictions.
                              HP restrictions? Haven’t heard of this before.... Where is this at?

Comment

Working...
                              X