Any jig or fly tyers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any jig or fly tyers here?

Thinking about tyeing some crappie jigs. What is a good vise without breaking the bank? Is it better to buy a kit or individual supplies?

Anyone have one sitting around they don't use anymore?

This thread might be of some help and a good place to ask this question:

Comment

Any fly tiers on here would like some different hair for tying I may have some to send you for a fly in trade.
      I have moose hair, bison hair and this fall some pronghorn hair would be available. Pronghorn has the hollow hairs and would make for some interesting dry flies I think.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
        Any fly tiers on here would like some different hair for tying I may have some to send you for a fly in trade.
        I have moose hair, bison hair and this fall some pronghorn hair would be available. Pronghorn has the hollow hairs and would make for some interesting dry flies I think.

If anyone is interested let me know.
        I’d be interested! Shoot me a pm with what you’re thinking

Comment

I just bought a peak, rotary vice and it’s great. They are all expensive, but these are a great choice compared to the more expensive ones.

Comment

What’s your budget. Absolutely love my Regal Revolution but it ain’t cheap. If you aren’t gonna tie a lot those cheap kits from Cabela’s/bass pro will work

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              What’s your budget. Absolutely love my Regal Revolution but it ain’t cheap. If you aren’t gonna tie a lot those cheap kits from Cabela’s/bass pro will work
              I got a peak for crappie jigs and I use the cheap one that came in the Cabelas kit more!

Comment

Yep. I have a Renzetti but for crappie jigs use my cheap cabelas one more because I just crank that sucker down tight and don't worry about it. The nice one is for trout flies. Wytex, I would be interested in some also. I will send a pm.

Comment

I have had great luck with tying a wooly booger with chartreuse body and maribou with red hackle. To make it even hotter, I have added a silver bead and propeller at the head.

I have tied the same fly onto a 1/16th ounce jig head. Not as much fun, but definitely works.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    I got a peak for crappie jigs and I use the cheap one that came in the Cabelas kit more!
                    Heck I used the cheap Cabela’s or Orvis one I got when I was 11 for 22 years before I finally upgraded to the Regal a couple years ago and it was purely a want, not a need

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the input. Might just get a Cabelas kit.

Comment

Working...
                      X