Best Jeep Tires for Lease/Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Jeep Tires for Lease/Ranch

I am going to convert my '98 Wrangler LJ to my hunting ride. I will be flat towing the jeep between hunting spots & home.

I primarily hunt in south TX and the Hill Country so I'll need protection from the mesquite thorns and rocks.

I am hoping the collective TBH wisdom can provide feedback on the best tire brand/model(s) for this type of towing and use.

Thanks in advance.

In for this for as well, i've got BFG all terrains and haven't had a flat yet but our roads are pretty good. Looking to lift and go bigger so new tires are on the horizon.

Comment

What ever brand

Get them at Discount Tire and buy the insurance

They will replace them no matter the issue. Had many tires replaced with sidewall thorns or rock gashes

Comment

Nitto Ridge grapplers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Can't recommend Toyo tires enough for rocky terrain. They just last longer as they don't cut up as much.

Comment

I flat tow mine, not too often though, and have had the same set of super swamper TSL/SXs on it for 15 years. I love them because they're aggressive, but they sure are loud on the pavement.

Comment

When it’s time, I’m going with Cooper SST pros on my JKU

Comment

Cooper STT Pros or Maxxs hold up well to thorns and caliche, Toyo MTs have done well on caliche for me so far, haven’t tested against thorns as I haven’t driven around a ranch in them yet.

I wouldn’t get the ridge grapplers, I had to replace one with 8,000 miles on it after a thorn punctured the side wall, and caliche roads in the oilfield are them up pretty good

Comment

Cooper Discoverer STT Pros on my 05 TJ 6 speed

Comment

I buy the cheapest AT or MT that Discount offers and pay for the road hazard. This has served me very well over the years. (I only do this for non daily driver vehicles)

Comment

I appreciate you guys running coopers. Thanks for supporting my job. I enjoy making them

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                        I appreciate you guys running coopers. Thanks for supporting my job. I enjoy making them
                        Any discounts

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                          Coopers are exactly what I run on my traveling/daily driver vehicles. I have ran coopers forever. I use to run cooper cobras on my dirt track car always a great tire. Curious.... where is the Cooper manufacturing plant at?

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                            Any discounts

I used to get great discounts on cosmetic blemished tires. About half price.Now they send them somewhere else to be sold. I do have a charge account through our local Cooper service center and it is payroll deducted for Cooper plant employees 30-50$ a week. I cure around 1200 tires in molds in a 12 hr shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              Coopers are exactly what I run on my traveling/daily driver vehicles. I have ran coopers forever. I use to run cooper cobras on my dirt track car always a great tire. Curious.... where is the Cooper manufacturing plant at?

I work at the plant in Texarkana Arkansas. Just a couple miles from the Texas state line. We produce passenger truck tires at this location. Smaller car tires are made at the other plants. We produce other brands such as mastercraft, Mickey Thompson, **** Cepek, starfire and back country and Hercules. As far as a super tough tire, I really like the stt pro, st maxx and the new at3xlt with the armor tek carcass construction. My wife runs the pros and the maxx. I witnessed her run over and bust a wine bottle on i30 and diddint get a flat. The three tires I mentioned are tough as nails

Comment

Working...
                              X