Barking dog deterrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barking dog deterrant

Folks this dog has been barking a lot. My wife sleeps during the day, when the dog doesn’t wake her up. All this culminated yesterday when I went out in front of his home and literally screamed for him to shut the damm dog up.
    I had gone to his house a couple of weeks ago, knocked on the door, rang the door bell with no answer. Cars were out front and behind the locked gate. This has been going on for months.
    An hour later he shows up at my front door wearing a UFC Fighting Championship shirt. I went outside and we basically went at it, verbally. I did the real Christian thing and called him a punk arse bi ach. Went on for 39 minutes. At the end we shook hands and nothing was settled.
    Do any of y’all know of an ultra sound deal that hurts dogs ears when the bark, or stops em from barking. Has to be effective over 100 feet away

Cities/towns have noise ordinances. Are you within a city limit where one would apply to you? If so, county sheriff or city PD can handle it for you.

Comment

Comment

Hook an airhorn up to a decibel meter at the fence set to 1 second bursts.

Comment

In.

Comment

Just do something that severely annoys the neighbor, at night while they are trying to sleep

Comment

I've had two neighbors in a row in the house behind me with that type of dog. But more we can't be out in the yard without them being at the fence barking.
              I like dogs. But it is normally an owner issue.
              Fortunately I've been a to find a way to minimize the current neighbors dogs barking.
              I agree with the noise issue and city regs. But be prepared if you open that can the tit for tat can be a pain.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The ultrasonic deterrents work ok.
                UFC t shirt makes me laugh. You should have answered the door shirtless if you're of decent size.
                Noise ordinance would be my thinking also. You will have to document all the times the dog is barking for real response from your local folks on that ordinance.
                Put up a cam with sound recording.

Comment

I kid. I kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rig up a linear actuator at the fence that sprays essence of skunk when he barks or better yet, start a skunk trapping business. In all seriousness, the airhorn works well. Pavlov's dog theory works. Eventually the dog or owner will learn that barking equals airhorn.

Comment

Good to 400 feet
                      Humane and shock-free long-range bark controlling device for your dog or the neighbor's dog. Stops barking dogs up to 300 ft. (90 m) away.

Comment

A device called a sunbeam ultra sonic egg. Amazon get the auto one. Cures them immediately and you won’t even k ow it’s working. Fixed my dogs and my buddys dog. And my new neighbors junkyard guard pitbull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sponge soaked in bacon grease will cure it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Folks this dog has been barking a lot. My wife sleeps during the day, when the dog doesn’t wake her up. All this culminated yesterday when I went out in front of his home and literally screamed for him to shut the damm dog up.
                            I had gone to his house a couple of weeks ago, knocked on the door, rang the door bell with no answer. Cars were out front and behind the locked gate. This has been going on for months.
                            An hour later he shows up at my front door wearing a UFC Fighting Championship shirt. I went outside and we basically went at it, verbally. I did the real Christian thing and called him a punk arse bi ach. Went on for 39 minutes. At the end we shook hands and nothing was settled.
                            Do any of y’all know of an ultra sound deal that hurts dogs ears when the bark, or stops em from barking. Has to be effective over 100 feet away
                            So what did you talk about for 39 minutes? Why did he say the dog barked all the time? What did he say he would do to rectify the issue??? C'mon maaaaaannnnnn! Give us the whole story!

Comment

39 minutes is hilarious.

I like the air horn idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X