No announcement yet.

3point hunting club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do agree. He has put alot on the line to make this lease what is and what it is going to be.

Comment

I like the 4.5 year old rule. but whats the rules say about does? I'd like to harvest a really good buck but i also like to eat deer meat!

Comment

You can take what ever the state biologist tells us. This year it was more than you can handle. The age of the does has to be 2.5 and older. So there is no need to take a buck for meat when you have that many does to take home for meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
          Bailey?
          Yeah, he seems to be a good guy.

Comment

Looks like a great lease.

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
              Yeah, he seems to be a good guy.
              I agree. He stays pretty busy along with his wife, who also coordinates many of the activities
              . Its a job that I would want nothing to do with... that is for sure. I have no complaints about how they run the place.

The game biologist is also a class act. He went out of his way to help my dad and I out when we showed up last summer.

Originally posted by marshman View Post
              I like the 4.5 year old rule. but whats the rules say about does? I'd like to harvest a really good buck but i also like to eat deer meat!
              Deer meat is not a problem. As Rags stated, the biologist is working to get the ratio where it should be. Right now it is a little out of whack IMO... we need to take some more does. I had intended on taking one and let too many walk trying to get a buck. Once I made my mind up to take one they disappeared. Funny how that happens.

I can't remember the count for does taken but can find out.

Comment

Do you have to plant food plots and feed protein? What are the additional costs for electric and water?

Comment

Its an MLD lease so there are requirements to meet, which includes food plots. There is a "group food plot" that everyone pitches in to cover (~$50) You don't "have" to plant personal food plots but you certainly can. I plan on planting a plot on one of my shooting lanes, I understand that peas are the favorite but once they find them they wipe out the crop before they fully grow so I may look at setting something up to let the peas sprout and grow a bit before I run the dinner bell.

The group food plot, and other improvements to benefit all members is taken care of during the work weekends. There are two scheduled work weekends where we get together and take care of that kind of stuff. There is always something to be done so if someone cannot make a work weekend they can do something when they can. Working a work weekend will get your access to doe tags.

Same goes for protein, I plan on making it available late March/early April.

There is a grid for electrical but it was full when I brought in my camper so I was on a generator along with about 6 or 8 others. Not sure of what the price is but know it is reasonable. It doesn't cost anything to park a camper during hunting season and its only $100 annually to leave it there. That money goes to the timber company that owns the land (as I understand it).

Water is also available, you just may have to run a hose a little ways to get to a tap.
                  Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 01-18-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I'm sure there is a reason, but I need to be enlightened. Never understood why it matters what age does you can take. If your looking to even your numbers then just even them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead View Post
                      I'm sure there is a reason, but I need to be enlightened. Never understood why it matters what age does you can take. If your looking to even your numbers then just even them.
                      I do agree with this statement.

Comment

Also does anyone know if the dues have to be paid in full all at once or could you spread it out over 3-4 payments as long as its paid in full by the due date?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead View Post
                          it's called genetic diversity - to keep the young from reproducing with the original doe

Comment

TTT, anyone have any updates on this place for the 2013 season?

Comment

interested back up

Comment

I hunt on a club very near 3pt.
                                There have been some good deer taken there in 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X