Aug. 1 Carry people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
    You're probably going to be too busy scratching lotto tickets and checking out the solid 4 behind the counter to notice the perp anyway. Carry the way that's the most comfortable, whether you're a fudd with a 1911 under your sweater or an internet navy seal with your drop rig and 5.11 gear.
    True. Decades ago I was hauling vehicles for car dealers out of Wisconsin with 2 retired cops. We were all carrying. We were in line at a gas station/convenience store and getting irritated because it was taking kind of long. Meanwhile we are talking and laughing, by the time we get to the counter the lady says she has shut down the register that she just got robbed by an armed gunman. We were looking at her like she was joking but she wasn't. This was in Houston in the early 80's. We had no idea what happened.

Comment

One thing this thread has proven. Opinions are like A-holes. Erbody has one.

Comment

What many don’t seem to realize is that bad guys are lazy and want everything easy. They don’t want a confrontation. They don’t want a fight, especially one that could get themselves hurt or killed. If they see someone, cop or civilian, carrying a firearm, they will search out safer, greener pastures.

With that being said, I will continue to carry, what I call, semi open but the law calls it open carry. In other words, my weapon is on my hip and my shirttail is out and covering the pistol but it prints heavily and is generally halfway exposed when I sit down or ride my motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post

With that being said, I will continue to carry, what I call, semi open but the law calls it open carry. In other words, my weapon is on my hip and my shirttail is out and covering the pistol but it prints heavily and is generally halfway exposed when I sit down or ride my motorcycle.
          Same here. When I carry, it's a Tauras 709 Slim, and it doesn't print much at all, or sometimes its in my pocket.

Comment

Personal preference. I was happy when open carry became a thing so I didn't have to worry anymore about printing or my shirt riding too high. Semi open...I like that term. Basically concealed, but if it becomes unconcealed, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Laketex View Post
              Personal preference. I was happy when open carry became a thing so I didn't have to worry anymore about printing or my shirt riding too high. Semi open...I like that term. Basically concealed, but if it becomes unconcealed, oh well.
              same here

Comment

Originally posted by Laketex View Post
                ^^^^^

It’s nice at times being able to carry a bigger pistol with a higher capacity and not having to worry about it as much.
                Last edited by Bone Thug; 08-02-2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

No way Im giving up element of surprise. It is your ONLY advantage to a perp with a weapon at the ready. For the record carry how you wanna carry.

Here is the scenario:

You just got off work. You got a hankering for your favorite brand of fatty cakes. So you go into the 7-11 with your pistol open on your hip. You get in line to pay. Girl in front counting pennies for smokes, typical. Then from behind “EVERYONE GET YOUR ****ING HANDS IN THE AIR AND YOU BEHIND THE COUNTER GET ME THE CASH”.

You instinctively start to move your hand to an exposed weapon the perp has by now seen. You get 2 choices now because you arent Matt Dillon. No one is fast enough to win this situation except the guy that came in with a loaded pistol at the ready to rob this mother ****er.

1. You can let him have your gun, might get pistol whipped too if he is a meanie pants.
                  2. You can meet your god.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                    No way Im giving up element of surprise. It is your ONLY advantage to a perp with a weapon at the ready. For the record carry how you wanna carry.

Here is the scenario:

You just got off work. You got a hankering for your favorite brand of fatty cakes. So you go into the 7-11 with your pistol open on your hip. You get in line to pay. Girl in front counting pennies for smokes, typical. Then from behind “EVERYONE GET YOUR ****ING HANDS IN THE AIR AND YOU BEHIND THE COUNTER GET ME THE CASH”.

You instinctively start to move your hand to an exposed weapon the perp has by now seen. You get 2 choices now because you arent Matt Dillon. No one is fast enough to win this situation except the guy that came in with a loaded pistol at the ready to rob this mother ****er.

1. You can let him have your gun, might get pistol whipped too if he is a meanie pants.
                    Anything is possible...
                    I would guess there is a higher percentage that perp finds an easier target if he sees a customer carrying...

I would never open carry, but I don’t believe for a second it makes you “the first target”.
                    Last edited by Rubi513; 08-02-2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post

Here is the scenario:

Or……you can jump high in the air turning like a cat and kick his nose off at the speed of light and he shoots the girl in front of you. (She was gonna die anyway from the smokes.) Oh, and it’s imperative that you draw in midair and nail the perp between the eyes. You know, like in the movies……

Comment

I seldom carry openly. But it doesn't make you "a Target" that is just an old liberal's tale. The kind of people that rob places simply won't rob them if they see people carrying guns. They aren't interested in getting into a gunfight that they might lose, they are usually just interested in smokes, booze, and the contents of the cash register, and will move on to easier pickings if they see people are armed. They may go to the very next store on the street and rob it, though, they aren't likely to get a job and earn an honest living just because they didn't rob the store you were in....lol.
                        Last edited by softpoint; 08-02-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                          Honestly, I don't think it will change much for most of us that carry regularly. I hope it prompts more folks to carry and get comfortable with their firearms.
                          I’ve never had a chl or ltc, no reason just never went through the motions, carried a full size glock 2-3 times over the last 12 years because I felt like it was worth the risk considering the situation I was in.. .. I bought a kimber micro 9 last week and plan to carry pretty regular because of this new law..

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                            I seldom carry openly. But it doesn't make you "a Target" that is just an old liberal's tale. The kind of people that rob places simply won't rob them if they see people carrying guns. They aren't interested in getting into a gunfight that they might lose, they are usually just interested in smokes, booze, and the contents of the cash register, and will move on to easier pickings if they see people are armed. They may go to the very next store on the street and rob it, though, they aren't likely to get a job and earn an honest living just because they didn't rob the store you were in....lol.
                            This same perp that comes running in, high on adrenaline, also isn't going to take the time to case everyone's hip .
                            Like I said, it would take a pretty specific set of events in order to instantly be recognized as the first target.
                            These thuggin hoodrats aren't Navy Seals, and their situational awareness is probably on par with a rock.

Comment

open carry

We should all be able to agree that open carry has its place.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                                We should all be able to agree that open carry has its place.
                                Oooooo......I want that ^^^^^^

Uh....the holster you pervs, I don’t think I can remember what to do with the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X