No announcement yet.

8 Minutes To Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked weird that whoever was setting in that window after it landed never moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
      You’re right, NASA quit doing joy rides to 350k feet decades ago. They’re playing around on Mars now, looping around Saturn, exploring deep space, finding out things that will blow your mind.

That stuff don’t make headlines like the media darlings and their space tourism though, so you can be forgiven for not knowing what NASA has been up to.

They both have their place and they’re playing two different games. But these billionaires are far from running circles around NASA….
      And climate change is a big part of their mission too. smh

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
        You’re right, NASA quit doing joy rides to 350k feet decades ago. They’re playing around on Mars now, looping around Saturn, exploring deep space, finding out things that will blow your mind.

That stuff don’t make headlines like the media darlings and their space tourism though, so you can be forgiven for not knowing what NASA has been up to.

They both have their place and they’re playing two different games. But these billionaires are far from running circles around NASA….

Like what?

I think outer space is neat & cool, but that's it for me.

Oh relax I am sure they have plenty to do.
        Like meet up conference room meetings to watch the launch party earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
          Looked weird that whoever was setting in that window after it landed never moved.
          That was my thought. I’d be high fiving or giving a thumbs up. It looked like a mannequin.

Comment

To me it was like Nascar. I was waiting for the big one.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
              That was my thought. I’d be high fiving or giving a thumbs up. It looked like a mannequin.
              According to what they said that was protocol, they weren't allowed to move until the others grounded the capsule since the descent/landing builds up a lot of static electricity. All of this recent space travel seems like a ridicules waste of time and money but to each their own. I guess if you have money to do whatever you want the sky is the limit....or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Yeah, I can’t rake up any give-a-crap…..

Not for bezos anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can i get the cliffs notes version? What was the purpose of this mission?

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    Made the same comment. It was Bezos but he was as still as a mannequin for the longest time.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorider View Post
                      Was cool to watch. Blue Origin ship is very phallic…[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      My wife came over to my computer to watch.....a bit after lift off she said....that looks like a ****. LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        For a 57 year old to ack like a kid and blow billions of dollars to have some fun.

It would be like me blowing through 10,000 rounds in a mini gun
                        Last edited by Bassdeer; 07-20-2021, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                          Very fitting design from a @#$*head like Bezos
                          Lol! I called it a 60’ phallic symbol. And yes he did take the opportunity to spew off about climate change.

Comment

Even setting aside the space travel advancements and expansion of the scientific body of knowledge that comes from space travel, for those who think it's a huge waste of money, I bet you use some of these things.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              For Amazon to be the third private company to put a person in space. 6th if you consider NASA, the Soviets, and the Chinese. And to be honest, it's just barely in space. We went to the moon 50 plus years ago...now that was real space.

But landing the rockets is awesome.

Comment

Pretty impressive in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X