Tactacam cells ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam cells ...

OK, a few weeks ago, there were several posts in here about this company and its trail cell cams. Going by all the positive feedback/comments on the new Revel cams, I purchased a Revel X from Scheel's. Well, as luck would have it, mine had an issue where the date/time was stuck in a Feb, 2021 time frame and none of the videos or help files addressed it correctly.
    This is a shout out to the Customer Support where they gave me a procedure or two to try after contacting them. At first it didn't work, mainly my fault, tried it again and gave it more time to update and sure enough the next day, the date/time was all updated with correct info. I gave them a good review on it, hopefully that's the only issue I have with it.
    Thoughts from other Tactacam owners?

I've only had mine out for a few weeks but I am impressed to far. Set up was simple, pics are superb. Their data plan is more expensive than most but I have mine set up on a trail not a feeder so I think I can get away with their cheapest, 250 pics a month option.

Comment

Love them, got one as an early Christmas gift for my dad last year... After a couple weeks out my dad bought his own. Lost our lease after the season and missing having them set up!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Their customer service is pretty good, I went to set out an original reveal and it would not catch service in an area that it previously would. I emailed them, they asked for the numbers on the camera and said try it now and immediately it got service. I was pretty impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am impressed with the company and trail cams.

I had the first Reveal for a year and when the Reveal X came out I got another one because I like it so much.

Both cameras are working well for me.

J

Comment

Love my Reveal X, working flawlessly.

Comment

Can’t speak to their customer service because I’ve never needed them. Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Been using them for a year now

Comment

If only I could find any in stock.

Comment

Tactacam cells ...

I recently dealt with their customer service sending a Reveal in for a reflash since it wouldn't send any pics through the cell signal after turning it back on from being taken down and stored.

They helped me out even though I bought no warranty.
                  This camera was out in the arctic blast of this spring so I'm not sure if that was part of its problem.

Upon the cameras return from the reflash I couldn't get it to connect on my phone, turns out you HAVE to name it to proceed. I was purposely skipping that step and had no idea it was a must. Once again customer service helped me diagnose it and walked me through it.

I have a Reveal X out now and evidently the deer in Kinney county aren't that corn hungry yet- I have a few baby bucks plus a buncha corn buzzards on the regular.
                  It did rain out there today, so there is that.

I've adjusted the sensitivity back on the Reveal X, dumb birds keep triggering it.
                  Last edited by DaveC; 07-08-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I got mine setup and it sent pics for two days then quit. Sent message to customer service, but haven't heard from them.. Heading to the ranch this weekend, hopefully I can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger View Post
                      I couldn't either at first. Guys on here helped me out with availability, the only thing was, whenever I found one it would disappear quickly so I would just keep checking and then ordered immediately when inventory showed up, usually overnight. Scheel's was the winner here.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger View Post
                        Looks like Cabelas has the Verizon model in stock. Or call Scheel's and have them ship one. That's what I ended up doing when I bought our ATT models.

Comment

I was notified by email 3 times that Sportsman's Warehouse had the the ATT camera in stock - I immediately went to their website to find they were already gone. I finally got one from Scheels online.

Comment

Yep these cameras are the hottest thing on the camera market right now. As soon as someone has them they sell out.

Comment

I also had a great experience with their customer service. My seal had something caught in it that allowed water in. My fault. I emailed them pics and the water sat in it so long it corroded the wiring and circuit board. They sold me one shipped to my house for $65 and they didn’t have to do that. I’m very happy with their service

Comment

Working...
                              X