Suppressor/ Silencer How To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    I have a trust and its a bunch of legal BS! All more way to make money and monitor it

Next time I do not think I will get a trust. A cop is never going to ask to see your trust, not in a small town.

Plus 99.9% of the time I do not let anyone borrow my cans, unless I am with them.
    You shouldn't be showing a trust to a cop anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sooner6969 View Post
      Trust. Only way to legally pass on to your kids upon death. Children can not be added to trust till they are 21. Silencer shop website has all the info you need.
      The law school you went to owes you a refund. You can will it to whoever you want tax free.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        The law school you went to owes you a refund. You can will it to whoever you want tax free.
        I was gonna say that earlier but these threads are always full of "mine is better than yours"

Sent you a PM Sammy

Comment

I had a trust prepared. Then purchased through Silencer Shop. Uploaded the trust documents. They keep them on file for all future purchases. Easy breezy. I have 5 cans now.

For a .22 I recommend the Dead Air Mask. It is a great little can.

Last edited by Throwin Darts; 04-13-2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I have a trust and its a bunch of legal BS! All more way to make money and monitor it

Next time I do not think I will get a trust. A cop is never going to ask to see your trust, not in a small town.

Plus 99.9% of the time I do not let anyone borrow my cans, unless I am with them.

I agree with this. I went individual for my second one and much easier than the trust. Then again I am the only one shooting with the suppressor.

Comment

For a rimfire can a Form 1 would be super simple and pretty cheap even in titanium. There a a TON of videos and how to build it and the application process. Be shooting one in a month instead of a year.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                x2

Dead Air Mask is a great rimfire can.
                Find a local dealer on silencershops website and go visit with them. Some have electronic kiosk that capture your fingerprints and some roll ink for you on the spot.

Comment

If your looking for a 22 rimfire I'd suggest a 1 piece baffle, especially if you shot alot.

The mask is ok, but you'll be glad you purchased a 1 piece instead. I have a sparrow and it's been great. Whole lot easier to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post

What’s the difficulty level of taking this approach?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                      You shouldn't be showing a trust to a cop anyway.
                      This. Cops ain’t Feds nor is it any of their business. “Above their pay grade” as the saying goes.

Comment

Law enforcement doesn’t care about a trust. They just need to see that you are in lawful possession of the can (tax stamp on form 4). The trust is merely to make sure that the can goes to someone if you were to die as well as to allow anyone who is listed on the trust the legal ability to be in the possession of the can. I’d recommend that you abide by the law even if it is ridiculous. And I have never had a LEO ask to see anything, but I still always have it with me to be safe.

I second Silencershop. My local range has the kiosk so I did everything there for first can (after that I could do it all online). I was able to shoot my can at the range while it was in jail although I didn’t as I felt it was torture to not take it with me.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                          If your looking for a 22 rimfire I'd suggest a 1 piece baffle, especially if you shot alot.

The mask is ok, but you'll be glad you purchased a 1 piece instead. I have a sparrow and it's been great. Whole lot easier to clean.

There’s also advantages to stacked baffles, especially in a rimfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
                            Good info. Thanks guys.

It looks like Silencer Shop can handle the trust. Is that advisable, or are you better off working with a lawyer directly? If I went through Silencer Shop for the trust, will I only be able to buy through them for future purchases?

I’d get ahold of Jim Willi with Texas Gun Trust. He specializes in trusts and most will agree he’s the best in the business. He’s a gun guy himself and has spent no telling how much time covering all the bases. I’m sure the generic trust will work just fine for 99% of people, but for the $300 he charges, it’s worth it to me to have a personalized trust along with somebody who will back up their work and personally answer any questions that you have now or down the road. His trusts are also made to be easy to add/remove people from the trust in the future which was important to me as a young, single guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Raider4044; 04-13-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              This right here. My form one that I built is just about as quiet as my SiCo.

You order all of the parts. Then when you get your form one approved you get it engraved. Then you just drill out all of the baffles and end cap. Put it together and good to go.

What company did you use for your kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trusts were the ONLY way to go back in the day if you lived in a big city with a liberal LEO.

As far as cops go, they nor the feds need to see my trust. Feds can see the tax stamp, cops can kick rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X