Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Target buck found dead.... on 2Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old were y’all guessing he was?

Comment

Shooter for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        Saw the thread on 2cool. Y’all must have some low fence studs to be passing mature 165” deer. I can’t keep my bucks at home no matter what i try. My neighbors smoke them as soon as they cross the fence. Strange that your buck would travel that far in a short period of time.
        The buck I’ve watched has traveled over 1.5 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
          How old were y’all guessing he was?

5, maybe 6.

Comment

I’m living a similar story as well. Fortunately for me the buck I have watched for 4 yrs is still alive I assume but I cringe with each rifle shot. No game camera pictures since October and no locals talking so he is still alive. 150+ buck.

Good luck, you never know, that’s apart of what makes it exciting!

Comment

Can you post the thread? Can’t find it

Comment

That buck is older than 5

Comment

I'm sure that neighbor appreciates you hunters, and I know I would!
                  Could his low fence days be numbered?

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                    I can't get my crew to pass anything 13" wide lol.

Same problem here at my place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The buck I’ve watched has traveled over 1.5 miles.

I’ve seen deer travel 1-2 miles each way to my neighbors back in forth in one day and bucks move 3-4 miles on my farm during the rut and no telling how much farther off my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Beautiful deer[emoji95][emoji1662][emoji95]. I hope these H deer travel today.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                          Saw the thread on 2cool. Y’all must have some low fence studs to be passing mature 165” deer. I can’t keep my bucks at home no matter what i try. My neighbors smoke them as soon as they cross the fence. Strange that your buck would travel that far in a short period of time.
                          I watched one travel that far one morning last yr. . I passed him about a mile away and my friend killed him. I even watched one travel 3/4 mile while I watched this past Friday morning down a pipeline and across our lease fence.

Not being critical, but that looks like a mature deer. Congrats for getting him that old. What was the plan? Leave him indefinitely for breeding?

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                            Lol well I split the ranch so there is only two of us which makes being on the same page a lot easier, and we’re family so it’s even a little easier. We also have a 20k neighbor that doesn’t hunt and a 60 acre neighbor, the 60 acre neighbor got him. We really try to let them get old no matter how big they are.

Just a part of it and having low fences, I’m sure it won’t be out last one we loose but congrats to the hunter, he’s a beautiful deer.
                            It happens
                            If someone wants to hunt high fence power to them have fun
                            But I still prefer low fence

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                              I watched one travel that far one morning last yr. . I passed him about a mile away and my friend killed him. I even watched one travel 3/4 mile while I watched this past Friday morning down a pipeline and across our lease fence.

Not being critical, but that looks like a mature deer. Congrats for getting him that old. What was the plan? Leave him indefinitely for breeding?

I know a few here have commented the deer is mature and they would have shot the deer, that is great and we may have ended up doing the same and they are correct when saying the deer was mature, but we like to let deer get older than 5-6 and that is how old this deer was. That is just how we like to do things and why we have some of the deer we have.

I won’t start shooting deer just because my neighbor is going to shoot them. This kind of stuff happen, still stings when it does but just apart of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dkw ii View Post
                                i know a few here have commented the deer is mature and they would have shot the deer, that is great and we may have ended up doing the same and they are correct when saying the deer was mature, but we like to let deer get older than 5-6 and that is how old this deer was. That is just how we like to do things and why we have some of the deer we have.

I won’t start shooting deer just because my neighbor is going to shoot them. This kind of stuff happen, still stings when it does but just apart of it.
                                👍

Comment

Working...
                                X