Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Target buck found dead.... on 2Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Target buck found dead.... on 2Cool.

Well we have been watching a deer that we were trying to decide to give another year or go ahead and target. He was a regular and stayed in a particular area of the ranch where we felt he was safe. We had lots of trail cam pictures of him and then all the sudden he disappeared, which we thought was odd.

I was scrolling through 2cool this evening and there he was!! He has been shot! Congrats to the hunter, he is every bit what we thought he was. A solid, low fence native deer! Now he seems to pop up on every Facebook page I click on!

Here he was the day before he died.

It happens

Comment

Yeah I'd have shot him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a big, old deer. I would have shot him, without putting any thought into it.

Comment

Yep let it go he’s gone it’s just a whitetail deer

Comment

Be interesting to find out how far from your last pic he was killed.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                Be interesting to find out how far from your last pic he was killed.
                About a mile or so.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  That's a big, old deer. I would have shot him, without putting any thought into it.
                  You aren’t the only one who thought that too!

Comment

I can't get my crew to pass anything 13" wide lol.

Comment

That’s a good one, congrats to whoever got him

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                        I can't get my crew to pass anything 13" wide lol.
                        Lol. Same. Mine loose their minds over a 115” 3 yo

Comment

I’m living a similar story as well. Fortunately for me the buck I have watched for 4 yrs is still alive I assume but I cringe with each rifle shot. No game camera pictures since October and no locals talking so he is still alive. 150+ buck.

Comment

Saw the thread on 2cool. Y’all must have some low fence studs to be passing mature 165” deer. I can’t keep my bucks at home no matter what i try. My neighbors smoke them as soon as they cross the fence. Strange that your buck would travel that far in a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Lol. Same. Mine loose their minds over a 115” 3 yo

Lol well I split the ranch so there is only two of us which makes being on the same page a lot easier, and we’re family so it’s even a little easier. We also have a 20k neighbor that doesn’t hunt and a 60 acre neighbor, the 60 acre neighbor got him. We really try to let them get old no matter how big they are.

Just a part of it and having low fences, I’m sure it won’t be out last one we loose but congrats to the hunter, he’s a beautiful deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X