Fishing guide in Telluride and Ouray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing guide in Telluride and Ouray

Anybody got a recommendation for one of the guide services in the Telluride/Ouray area? Me and a buddy are headed up that way for some Jeep trails and we're gonna want to do some trout fishing too.

Who have you used up there? Which guide knows where the fish are? Who you got?

I would say just pull over at a stream or small lake and cast away. Most will have brookies in them, some lakes may have other trout species. Rivers will have bigger fish.

Comment

Telluride outside is the fly shop I would check out there in town. It’s off Main Street, probably should give them a call for availability. I’ve been with them twice and had a good time

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
        I would say just pull over at a stream or small lake and cast away. Most will have brookies in them, some lakes may have other trout species. Rivers will have bigger fish.
        I agree we did the same up in yankee boy basin caught a few nice trout but this was in 1976 it may have changed a little since then.

Comment

Are y'all fly-fishing or ultra-light spinning ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Are y'all fly-fishing or ultra-light spinning ?
            FLY fishing.

Comment

I'm new to fly fishing. We were just in that area a couple of weeks ago, but didn't fish there. We fished when we got up to Grand Lake, with a guide. I have friends that were there last week. They just winged it and caught fish.
              I've always heard "go to the local fly shop for intel". We did that, at Grand Lake, spent a little coin on the recommended flies and got ideas on where to go. Then we ended up booking an afternoon with one of their guides. We had fun and caught fish, but I think if I had ever fished for trout on a fly before, we probably could have done just as well on our own?

Comment

If you make it closer to Gunnison, call Joel Aslanian - (970) 596-3054. I fished with him twice last a couple weeks ago. Tell him Chris Estes sent you.

Fly Fishing Guides, Crested Butte, Gunnison, Almont, Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                  If you make it closer to Gunnison, call Joel Aslanian - (970) 596-3054. I fished with him twice last a couple weeks ago. Tell him Chris Estes sent you.

https://www.gunnisonriverguides.com/
                  thank you very much.

Comment

I fished with Patrick Garland out of Durango on the Animas last week. I know that he fishes the high country north of there. Fantastic guide and all around good dude.

pgarland1985@gmail.com

Tell him Will Schwarzlose sent you.

Comment

Both Telluride Anglers and Telluride Outside do guided trips, and both are very reputable guide services.
                      That said, fishing the San Miguel in Telluride is a pretty easy DIY experience. Lots of public waters, and easy access up and down 145.

Comment

Working...
                      X