Auto glass insurance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
    Hope you guys know if your deductible is too high it is your fault. Call your agent and change it. It will cost you more money but you do have a choice

Yep. The difference on glass deductible between $100 and $500 is like $2 per month on my policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
      Safelight is expensive even with their aftermarket glass. They quoted $450 for OEM and $375 aftermarket for my F150. I was convinced I needed OEM. Hogwash. Called independent guy and he replaced with aftermarket for $190. Couldn't be happier. I cannot tell any difference.
      Same experience. I thought I would save some money by paying out of pocket, then turn in a claim for reimbursement. In the end, I did, but it was a big PIA. Insurance went to glass company and had them credit me all but my deductible then they were to settle on the rest. Couple of weeks later, glass co called and said they were still owed the amount they credited me and the insurance co told them they had mailed me a check. Found said check in my po box, and signed it over to glass co.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comp deductible thru TxFB. Ranges from $0-$1000.

Comment

Ditto. That's the policy I signed up for - $500 deductible. I'm glad my windshield does not cost $500.

Comment

iAds is 500 for me. Had a ding drilled and filled and it still ran all the way across my line of sight.

Comment

Farmers offers glass coverage. It’s a $100 if you need a replacement.

Comment

Some states require glass coverage but not Texas. Years ago, Allstate included and I had them for Many years. Today, it is a premium special cover in most cases. I decided to replace two, both in same month. Used Pro Glass in Georgetown. Went very well and cost was much lower than Safelite. Came to my driveway. Can not recall exact $ but do recall the 2010 F150 was cheaper than the 2012 Malibu and each were from rough memory $300 Plus range both done in 2016

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                  My insurance policy covers repair and replacement of glass. I believe it cost me a $50 deductible.
                  Same here and I've used it!

Comment

I have USAA. As soon as I hear a rock hit my glass I am on the phone. Free Fix. Thats the key I guess. Don't wait......

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                      My insurance policy covers repair and replacement of glass. I believe it cost me a $50 deductible.
                      Mine too!!! and its 50 bucks I got Farmers

Comment

Nothing ****** me off more. I got a rock chip a couple of weeks ago and left the next day for South Dakota. The freezing air got me good and before I got back to Texas, four days later, the crack went from one side to the other....right at eye level. Gonna have to replace the windshield soon.

My wife is on her 3rd windshield on her 7 year old Infinity. These gravel trucks wreak havoc.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                          Mine too!!! and its 50 bucks I got Farmers

Same thing we have. If the crack is under the size of a dollar bill, it’s a free fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                            Hope you guys know if your deductible is too high it is your fault. Call your agent and change it. It will cost you more money but you do have a choice
                            But how will you be able to rant about being a cheaparse???

Comment

Originally posted by onetondodge View Post
                              Farmers offers glass coverage. It’s a $100 if you need a replacement.
                              I had this before I went with TxFB. Wish I would’ve used it with Farmers for $100 instead of TxFB for $1,000!

Comment

Until I started selling insurance I was always under the assumption a low deductible was expensive. Hell once I started playing with numbers I dropped my insurance deductible to $250. Mine went up around $20. No brainer for me instead of carrying that 1000 deductible.

Comment

Working...
                                X