Pork Steak/Chop Recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Steak/Chop Recipes?

Anyone have a method that they stand behind as great?

I used the search bar and came up blank.

A good Pork steak over coals is great!

Comment

You purdy much have to try to mess one up

Comment

Smothered with mushroom gravy served over rice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
          Smothered with mushroom gravy served over rice.
          This is what was on mind when I started this motion. Thinking to sear in cast iron and finish with the mushroom gravy and twice baked idaho/sweet potatoes.

Comment

Pork chop is the only meat I have found that I prefer cooked sous vide. It is tough for me to get a thick pork chop cooked to 145 all the way through without drying it out on the grill otherwise. I suppose reverse seared might work well.

This is assuming store bought. Wild pig I cook to well done and it’s usually tough and chewy.

Comment

I like marinating in Italian dressing. Throw on the grill

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                Pork chop is the only meat I have found that I prefer cooked sous vide. It is tough for me to get a thick pork chop cooked to 145 all the way through without drying it out on the grill otherwise. I suppose reverse seared might work well.

This is assuming store bought. Wild pig I cook to well done and it’s usually tough and chewy.
                A good'n thick sirloin is fantastic in sous vide. Maybe a hr at 129°, then over a hot fire.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                  This is what was on mind when I started this motion. Thinking to sear in cast iron and finish with the mushroom gravy and twice baked idaho/sweet potatoes.
                  That's what I do!!!

Comment

Apply a thin coat of tiger sauce, sprinkle on some chupacabra, and cook over hot mesquite coals

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                      A good'n thick sirloin is fantastic in sous vide. Maybe a hr at 129°, then over a hot fire.
                      X3 on pork being sous vide

Comment

A good thick pork cop sous vide is excellent. Then sear pat of garlic butter on top makes for some fine eating. You won’t believe how tender and juicy it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                          Went similar to my original plan.

Seared chop steaks 1 min on side, flipped, then placed entire skillet covered in oven at 350* for 30 min. Perfect! Med to Med rare.

Family already requested again next week.

Comment

Sure sounds tasty, will try this soon. Glad your family liked it cooked this way, hope mine does too.

Comment

Bump

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X