No announcement yet.

DIY Shop Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much head space is under the loft? I’m planning on same sidewall and center height on mine and was thinking about 9’ floor to framing under my loft....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Haulinbass02 View Post
      How much head space is under the loft? I’m planning on same sidewall and center height on mine and was thinking about 9’ floor to framing under my loft....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We decided to do around 7’1” under the loft, so up in the loft I can stand pretty much anywhere and not hit my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That shop will come in handy when working on your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          That shop will come in handy when working on your boat.

Haha yes it will, getting close to finally getting that project boat on the water!

Comment

My project boat has a home now!

Comment

Ive got a boat very similar to yours that I did a lot of custom work to, going to link the build thread here. You might can get some ideas. Maybe not, but worth the look.

Congrats on the new shop.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                Ive got a boat very similar to yours that I did a lot of custom work to, going to link the build thread here. You might can get some ideas. Maybe not, but worth the look.

Congrats on the new shop.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I think I have read your thread before and that’s where I got a lot of my ideas. I am going to read it again today, I just replaced the trailer tongue with a longer one yesterday, the trailer was a little short for the boat. It’s a lot of work but very rewarding since I only paid $800 for the boat, motor, and trailer.

Comment

Rain delayed us a little this weekend from getting a lot of the trim work as we got over 10” of rain in three days. We were able to get two sides of the gable extension skirted and the back side trim put up. I think the hardest part is going to be the layout of the shop once I started moving work benches and tools in.

Comment

Good work, it looks great.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Got one side of the gutters put up, more trim done, and the last skirt put up on the table extension.

Comment

Awesome build. I need a shop/barn on our new place in Leon County. Approximately how much do you have in it as far as materials cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
                            Awesome build. I need a shop/barn on our new place in Leon County. Approximately how much do you have in it as far as materials cost?

Let me try and crunch some numbers, I had full intentions of keeping all of the receipts but unfortunately that didn’t happen. I do know the sheet metal, trim, and walk through door was around $6500 all together and I want to say there is probably around $4k in structural steel. I’m sure by the time it’s all said and done I will have around $20k in it which will include closed cell spray foam insulation and electrical. That’s just a ballpark, sorry it’s not more accurate.

Comment

Actually it will probably be closer to $25k, I was forgetting the slab.

Comment

Good grief....that thing looks stout!! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X