Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiberglass deer blind paint

Looking for any recommendations for paint just to protect a nice blind
    My paint expertise starts and stops with Krylon.

Thanks

Big pig

I’m in for suggestions, have an old recycling dumpster we converted, now called blue hut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always used premium house paint. Seemed to work good.

Comment

Multi surface acrylic From Sherwin Williams it's an industrial paint stuff sticks to everything make sure you do clean well though

Comment

Check out Wooddefender.com they have a great paint for fiberglass blinds.

Comment

Painter in past life- Make sure the surface is dry and clean, so use a degreaser if you can. if not, make sure all the dirt and dust is off. If the existing paint is in good shape, primer may not be necessary. I would then use SuperPaint Satin-2 coats rolled on or sprayed. Not cheap, but the most expensive part is your time generally. If it needs priming, I like oil-based because it will stick to most anything.

The multi-surface acrylic is good too, but the darker colors tend to fade pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
              Painter in past life- Make sure the surface is dry and clean, so use a degreaser if you can. if not, make sure all the dirt and dust is off. If the existing paint is in good shape, primer may not be necessary. I would then use SuperPaint Satin-2 coats rolled on or sprayed. Not cheap, but the most expensive part is your time generally. If it needs priming, I like oil-based because it will stick to most anything.

The multi-surface acrylic is good too, but the darker colors tend to fade pretty quickly.
              Nice to hear your experience talking, thanks for posting this good info.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                Nice to hear your experience talking, thanks for posting this good info.
                Happy to help. When I used to have a fleet of wooden blinds, I would haul one of my airless rigs in the bed of the mule and paint them all in a weekend ever few years. Paint is cheap compared to all the other components.

Comment

Thanks for the great info

Big pig

Comment

Agree. Need to do the same. Thanks.

Comment

Try Dawn dish soap

Comment

Working...
                      X