What finger release are y’all using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What finger release are y’all using?

I’ve now had 3 accidental discharges with my Trufire Hardcore and I’m going to go with something else. Let me know what you’re using and what you like or don’t like about it.

Have you tried adjusting the pull/hold weight on your release?
    I shoot the Carter 2shot and have fine tuned it to hold and break just how I like it to. But after a while, I have it set up just right for me.

Comment

Boss X for hunting or 3d.

Comment

Been shooting with the same Truefire release for at least 15 years , only adjustment I have made to it was turning the head so it's a little longer to avoid an AD

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          Have you tried adjusting the pull/hold weight on your release?
          I shoot the Carter 2shot and have fine tuned it to hold and break just how I like it to. But after a while, I have it set up just right for me.
          It doesn't go off unexpectedly at full draw (thank goodness). It goes off about 1/4 draw with no fingers near the trigger. I have adjusted the trigger pull and in doing so, I've come to the conclusion that this release is just wore out.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
            It doesn't go off unexpectedly at full draw (thank goodness). It goes off about 1/4 draw with no fingers near the trigger. I have adjusted the trigger pull and in doing so, I've come to the conclusion that this release is just wore out.
            Is it firing or is the hook coming off the loop? I've had this issue with another Tru-fire release. Tru-fire uses short hooks, and, if you twist your hand vertically during the draw, it will come off of the loop.

Comment

carter wise choice....and i gotta say, i cant ever get used to it still....when i shot a wrist rocket style release i did not have as tight of groups as with a thumb.....But, with the thumb i have an occasional flyer....by this i mean when im trying to shoot groups into a target ill have one shot every so often thats just waaay off...it bothers me...

Comment

Carter switchback. Love it. But it's a tension release. May not be your cup of tea. I use it for practice and hunting. Fantastic release, easy to modify.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  Is it firing or is the hook coming off the loop? I've had this issue with another Tru-fire release. Tru-fire uses short hooks, and, if you twist your hand vertically during the draw, it will come off of the loop.
                  I was fiddling with it some this morning thinking that maybe it needed to be cleaned, but I actually got it to do it a couple of times with just pressure from my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                    carter wise choice....and i gotta say, i cant ever get used to it still....when i shot a wrist rocket style release i did not have as tight of groups as with a thumb.....But, with the thumb i have an occasional flyer....by this i mean when im trying to shoot groups into a target ill have one shot every so often thats just waaay off...it bothers me...
                    I've tried a thumb release but I need to adjust my draw. Didn't feel comfortable to me. I get great groups with this Tru-Fire but I think its wore out.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                      I've tried a thumb release but I need to adjust my draw. Didn't feel comfortable to me. I get great groups with this Tru-Fire but I think its wore out.
                      if you have to adjust your draw length when switching from wrist to hand held release, your bow isnt set up correctly. The only thing that should change between the 2 is your anchor point.

Either your strap is too long and you are shooting with your fingertip instead of the first knuckle, or your DL is too long and you are anchoring way deep.

That being said, it does sound like your current release is just worn out and the sear wont hold any more at peak draw weight. There are a ton of great releases out there these days, and shooting as many as you can will help you decide.

Comment

Carter Quickie 1 plus

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                          if you have to adjust your draw length when switching from wrist to hand held release, your bow isnt set up correctly. The only thing that should change between the 2 is your anchor point.

Either your strap is too long and you are shooting with your fingertip instead of the first knuckle, or your DL is too long and you are anchoring way deep.

That being said, it does sound like your current release is just worn out and the sear wont hold any more at peak draw weight. There are a ton of great releases out there these days, and shooting as many as you can will help you decide.
                          I am using my first knuckle and my strap is snug, but not tight on my wrist. The anchor point is what threw me off with the thumb release but I will admit that I didn’t practice with it enough to get good with it.

Comment

Sorry the Max Hunter Plus didn't work out for you. I love my TruFire Hardcore but you've definitely made me wary.

One finger release I have used with great success was the Spot Hogg Keaton. It is a very versatile release and you can shoot it several different ways depending on your personal preference.

Comment

sure love my stan shootoff trios in large with a training pin

Comment

Working...
                              X