No announcement yet.

Bare shaft tuning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So those of you that bare shaft tune do you paper tune with a fletched arrow first? Then bare shaft tune the target impact angle? One or the Other? Do you bare shaft through paper?

Comment

I bareshft tune out to 40 yards.. I don't shoot paper . I try to watch the flight of the arrow with a lighted nock.. when it looks like a Lazer and hit with my fletched I can shoot just about any broadhead.

Comment

you may be "porpoising" a bit. Step back a bit and see if it changes.

Comment

As mentioned above, if that is a bag target I would try it with a foam (solid broadhead) target and see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sandhillhunter View Post
            As mentioned above, if that is a bag target I would try it with a foam (solid broadhead) target and see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And make sure the target does not move. I put a cinder block on top of my block target to insure it doesn't move.

Comment

I finally got around to paper tuning my bow and my rest was like 1/8” off. I almost got it tuned but it started raining. Good thing too because these poor ole mosquitoes were getting parched from not having any rain the past 12 hours.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nock low and left.
                Seems kinda variable degrees of such. Watch your grip...but something else is off. Maybe.

What have done mechanically for tuning so far during paper tuning? What has worked and what hasnt?

Good luck MrHighspeed.
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-05-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Nock low and left.
                  Seems kinda variable degrees of such. Watch your grip...but something else is off. Maybe.

What have done mechanically for tuning so far during paper tuning? What has worked and what hasnt?

Good luck MrHighspeed.
                  I’ve moved the rest to the left. I got a little more to move it but it started raining. I’ll adjust the D-loop when I get the rest aligned. So far the rest adjustment has worked great in getting the tear remedied

Comment

Well...looks like I need to take it to a shop. Can’t get the left tear out of it. Got the D-loop centered so it’s just a left tear now.

Comment

Good luck....Chasing tail. For as much as I dont like chasing tail...I do it alot.

You figuring on shimming cams? Buying new shafts? String adjustment?
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-05-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        Good luck....Chasing tail. For as much as I dont like chasing tail...I do it alot.

You figuring on shimming cams? Buying new shafts? String adjustment?
                        I’ve got a lighter spine arrow that I’m going to try first. If that doesn’t fix it, then I’m going to adjust the yoke.

Comment

Cool. If doing that you might consider changing point weight on existing shafts...up some and down some. See what shakes out in grouping and paper.
                          Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-05-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Tell us what bow, draw length, arrow spine and length, and poundage.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              Tell us what bow, draw length, arrow spine and length, and poundage.
                              Mathews Drenalin, 28” draw length, 62 lb draw weight, Gold Tip Hunter XT 300’s w/ 100 grain weights & 100 grain field tip, 29” carbon to carbon.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                                I finally got around to paper tuning my bow and my rest was like 1/8” off. I almost got it tuned but it started raining. Good thing too because these poor ole mosquitoes were getting parched from not having any rain the past 12 hours.
                                Glad to see you got some rain. We were in a 6 hour drought and I considered using my sprinkler system, but by luck, it came a downpour.

Comment

Working...
                                X