Older guys(50+), who remembers this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older guys(50+), who remembers this?

This is totally insane!! I was 15 years old at he time but do not recall ever hearing about this incident.. Times and media were much different back in the day..

I remember it, wild event.

Comment

That was crazy! I was 22 in 1980, so I don't remember too much from back then.

Comment

I don’t know if I remember it first hand or if I came across it on YouTube but I have see coverage of it before. Crazy to think something like that can happen

Comment

I remember it.

Comment

I was a senior in high school and remember it. La. actually made the NBC nightly news. LOL!

Comment

Never heard of it, but that’s crazy stuff.

Comment

Never heard of it. Thanks for the posting. It was interesting video to watch. Hard to believe all 55 men made it out safely.

Comment

I had never heard of it but just watched the video. Pretty neat stuff! Can’t believe everybody made it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                    Never heard of it. Thanks for the posting. It was interesting video to watch. Hard to believe all 55 men made it out safely.
                    Yes it is.. That would have been a horrible way to go..

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                      That was crazy! I was 22 in 1980, so I don't remember too much from back then.
                      Yep. You are my age. That decade was a blur.

But Being in the oil business that was big news.

BP

Comment

I was 14-no memory of it

Comment

I vaguely remember it, when it happened, then maybe five years ago, saw a story on it, then another about it probably three years ago. I remembered it when I saw the story about five years ago.

If you find the right story or documentary on that deal, there is info about all or much of what happened, you will understand that was one extremely crazy deal.

Anyone who was near that hole, when it opened up, must have thought the world was coming to an end. I have wondered what the fishing is like in that hole, I could see there being some big catfish in that hole in the past 40 years.
                          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 06-15-2022, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Simply crazy that the right hand didn’t know what the left hand was doing. Amazing story and massive cover up would be my guess. Thanks for sharing OP.

Comment

I grew up in Crowley La. but was at Tarleton State when it happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X