Waiting Patiently!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting Patiently!!!

So my wife bought her a new refrigerator from Lowes about 2 years ago. About 4 months ago it started making some noise. It stops when you open a door but starts back up when you close it. It’s still under warranty so she contacted Lowes and they set up a time for a technician to come out. Guy comes out and checks it out and assesses what the problem is.
    Now this is where it will make you want to pull your hair out.
    The technician has no parts. Have to order them. Gets them order and has it sent here at the house. Part comes in and reset another time for him to come out. Comes out and says there are supposed to be 2 parts. He did not tell us that. So we have to find out where the other part is. Finally get the 2nd part in. Set up another time. Wife takes off work. Technician is a no show. This happened twice and the wife says she’s done with them. I told her to wait till I get done with these outages and set another one up on my days off. Today is the day!!! Supposed to come between 8 & 5 according to all the emails. Get a email this morning and it said a guy will be here between 1 & 3. Here it is at 3 and still no word. Really starting to get frustrating!!

Pain in the but t dealing with service people.

Comment

Well this is encouraging. We just bought a new fridge at Lowe's because it was the only place we could find what we wanted and get it next day. Fingers crossed I don't have to go through this. Good luck, hope your problem gets resolved soon.

BTW, our fridge (GE) only has one year warranty. Did y'all get the extended warranty Lowe's offers? I opted not to and hope I don't regret it.

Comment

You are both screwed ! The tech is at the bar……..

Comment

My dad got so fed up with the freezer part of his fridge not working that he bought a whole new one of a different brand. Had 2 service guys out 5 different times. Fixed 2 different parts that never solved the problem. This took place over 5 months which is a long time with no freezer. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
            Well this is encouraging. We just bought a new fridge at Lowe's because it was the only place we could find what we wanted and get it next day. Fingers crossed I don't have to go through this. Good luck, hope your problem gets resolved soon.

BTW, our fridge (GE) only has one year warranty. Did y'all get the extended warranty Lowe's offers? I opted not to and hope I don't regret it.
            We got a GE Fridge from Lowes almost a year ago. The extended warranty they offer is from GE and trust me, GE will HOUND you up until the original warranty expires... If you change your mind, you will have many other chances to get the extension.

Comment

I am fixing to have to get a new upright freezer and sure am dredding it.

Comment

Hopefully not a GE Profile. We have had no less than 6 repairs on ours.

Comment

I just went through a similar incident. While it did bother me a bit that I used my personal work PTO for a 2 no shows,....it was the no calls that got to me. I understand if you get behind on the previous call/appointment and are running late or just can't make it, just call and let me know. I told him that 2 times was enough red flags for me and the wife to decide we did not want him touching are stuff. Apology bombs dropped and were not accepted. Next guy was early, courteous and did a great job.

Comment

Not sure. All I know it has a 2 year warranty.
                    Ours is a Samsung.

Comment

I quit leaving work for them i tell them to call when they are 30 out then I head home.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        I just went through a similar incident. While it did bother me a bit that I used my personal work PTO for a 2 no shows,....it was the no calls that got to me. I understand if you get behind on the previous call/appointment and are running late or just can't make it, just call and let me know. I told him that 2 times was enough red flags for me and the wife to decide we did not want him touching are stuff. Apology bombs dropped and were not accepted. Next guy was early, courteous and did a great job.
                        Wife just called and said she received a text that our appointment has been canceled. I could have been working on some stuff I need to do here around the house instead of inside the house in case they call the house phone. They don’t have my cell number.

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                        I quit leaving work for them i tell them to call when they are 30 out then I head home.
                        They don’t have it set up that way with us. Everything is set up thru email or text. Wife has called all kinds of numbers to talk to a “person” to no avail.

Comment

We just got our new LG from lowes on Tuesday. Got the warranty just in case since we caught the fridge on sale. Hopefully we don't need it though.

Comment

Been there and got the t-shirt. Took a couple months but finally got them to just give me a new fridge. The problem is with the techs they hire, almost all are 3rd party

Comment

My GE Profile Cafe style fridge at my new house began freezing up back in September after only 6 months. Tech came out and ordered parts. It is still sitting unplugged in the kitchen. Tech will no longer return calls or texts. Purchased through Ferguson who turned it over to the GE rep. a month ago. I've purchased GE appliances for over 20 houses I built over the past 5 years and still cant seem to get anywhere with them. Luckily I have a new WHIRLPOOL fridge in the laundry room that has been awesome and the icemaker makes and holds twice the ice. HAHA Walking back and forth to the laundry room and kitchen is getting old and I am sure eventually I will just bite the bullet and buy a new fridge. Glad I'm not married because I would probably be divorced over this dang fridge...

Comment

Working...
                              X