Bow set ups, how close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow set ups, how close?

Did a small search, but I got lazy so I figured I’d start a new post. I am curious at how far your bow stand s from the feeder? Please note if it’s ground blind, elevated blind or a ladder/tree stand. We are putting 2 new set ups together and we have plenty of options for tree stands. I would like 1-2 tree stands and one ground blind at each set up. I am curious what is too close? I’m leaning towards 20-28 yards per set up.

We’ve gone to 25 yards on most ladder / hang on spots. Shots aren’t any harder and that extra few yards makes a difference in terms of how wary the deer get (for me at least). Have some popup blinds that are 20, we have elevated all our popup blinds on 4 ft platforms

Comment

Two ground blinds, mine and my wife’s. Hers is 13 yards away, mine is 16.

Both are ASF EZ feeders so the corn is spread around pretty good. Neither deer nor hogs pay much attention to either blind. I had a young buck walk into the area within 5 yards of mine last year, gave me a quick glance and never looked again. I watched him and a good but also young buck for about 30 minutes that morning.

Comment

17-18 yards....ground....and more recently elevated.

Directional feeder

Click image for larger version

Name:	00Seismic view.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	24682891

Spin

Name:	000Slacker view1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24682892

Pig spin

Name:	IMG_0718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	24682894

New elevated blind and view (also a directional). Tree top is gone..

Name:	IMG_8810.jpg
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	24682893

Name:	IMG_9842.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	24682895

Comment

If from a lean to/tripod/ ground blind where I’m more visible my sweet spot is 35-40 yards…. Krivoman or pop up 20-30 yards(closer to 30) I like the little extra freedom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

18 yds is perfect for me ground level box blind.

Comment

17. Krivo about 2’ up. Less chances for me to screw up the shot. Pig spot is a popup at 20-21

Comment

Twenty yards never worked for us as the deer were uncomfortable at that range. Now most are 30-45 yards and they don't mind coming into the hand corn at 20. We use a combo of popups, tripods, and tree stands.

Comment

I shoot mostly traditional with no sights. At all of my setups, the feeder is 13yds from where I sis in my blind. I have been dabbling with a compound some lately, and I still like em real close.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

20 yards from the tree stand

Comment

For me, as high up as the tree allows, and 20 yards to the front of the feeder. I want the shot in between me and the feeder to match my 20 pin. I have 30 yard cairns set up also, so I know the range.

Comment

My setups are 10-13 yards, I use Trad bow also.

Comment

30-40 yards. Plus some hand corn at 20 ish yards. Ground blind.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                            30-40 yards. Plus some hand corn at 20 ish yards. Ground blind.
                            This.

Comment

At my only set up where I can shoot into the pen the feeder is at 18 yards and I hand corn at 12. (Im a trad shooter) wind conditions have to be perfect. My blinds on the ground are on trails leading to the feeder

Comment

Working...
                              X