QAD Ultrarest HDX stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD Ultrarest HDX stopped working

My rest stopped working properly. Before, when I drew back the rest would lock in the up position until I shot. Now, the rest will no longer lock in the up position. It still shoots fine but I'm concerned what might next go bad rendering the rest unusable.

Talk to their customer service.

Comment

You didn’t force it down, by chance? They’ll likely warranty it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Call QAD, get a replacement, sell said replacement and then get you a hamskea hybrid hunter and forget about it.

Comment

If you oiled it by chance, they'll stop locking. If you didn't oil it, QAD will warranty it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Did your timing rope move by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by TX kyleboy View Post
              My rest stopped working properly. Before, when I drew back the rest would lock in the up position until I shot. Now, the rest will no longer lock in the up position. It still shoots fine but I'm concerned what might next go bad rendering the rest unusable.
              First, QAD has outstanding customer service. Just contact them. The HDX is a great rest but no product is absolutely without an issue here and there. No reason to sell a replacement at all.

Second, aside from your current issue, I am noticing something about how your describe the use of the rest. Your description sounds like you are raising the rest as you are drawing the bow and not locking the rest into the "up" position when you load the arrow. Maybe it is just your description but that is how it sounds. The rest is designed to be locked into the up position (cocked) and left there. Not raised as you draw the bow. I don't know if that would cause undue wear on the rest but something to think about.

Comment

They have a lifetime warranty and outstanding customer service, well at least when it counts.

I returned a rest for repair and when I called 2 weeks later to get a status on it they immediately sent me a new rest. Then, 5 days later I got a second new rest, which of course I promptly returned.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Ill contact them.

Comment

I've had mixed results with QAD. Ripcord has given me fewer issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X