Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aoudad - Anyone else have a major problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoudad - Anyone else have a major problem?

We can’t be the only ones that have seen a massive influx of Aoudad and the subsequent displacement of Whitetail, right? I shot about a dozen last season, just during season - more if you include the off-season, and it accomplishes nothing. More continue to show up… been this way over the last 5-6 years.

We’re moving on to trapping but I’m just wondering if anyone else has experience with them and how long term the effects are? I hate these things…

And just to be clear, I’m not offering hunts or taking people out. Just hoping to get some feedback.

Thanks in advance!

We’re you located?

Comment

They are worse than hogs ! We actually had to leave a lease because we had so many. They can empty a protein feeder over night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hogs on steroids! Best thing you can do if you’re leasing is find another lease. Trapping helps, but it won’t eliminate them.

Comment

Very destructive animals to have around. At least you have the correct username for your situation though.

Comment

We have them also. For every whitetail we have there are probably 25-30 sheep at least. It never ends unless you but a massive hurt on them via trapping but good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              We have them also. For every whitetail we have there are probably 25-30 sheep at least. It never ends unless you but a massive hurt on them via trapping but good luck.
              Dang!! That's crazy..

Comment

Originally posted by CaptBarbary View Post
                We can’t be the only ones that have seen a massive influx of Aoudad and the subsequent displacement of Whitetail, right? I shot about a dozen last season, just during season - more if you include the off-season, and it accomplishes nothing. More continue to show up… been this way over the last 5-6 years.

We’re moving on to trapping but I’m just wondering if anyone else has experience with them and how long term the effects are? I hate these things…

And just to be clear, I’m not offering hunts or taking people out. Just hoping to get some feedback.

Thanks in advance!
                You should consider this.. Besides helping with numbers it could be very lucrative..
                Where in the hill country are you? I know there is a bunch of sheep in the Llano area.

Comment

Big rams are lucrative. Thousands of ewes are just raccoons.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    You should consider this.

He did and he said no.

Comment

They are worse than hogs. Hogs are good to eat. Why you don't let people help you with this problem is beyond me. And, for the record, I don't want to shoot one of those ugly sheep.

Comment

Let someone come in and trap them and pay you if that is possible. Cash or feed

I would love to kill a good one, preferably with my bow. But otherwise all I hear is people talking about how destructive and a nuisance they are to them.

Comment

Located south of Leakey. I don’t own the property, which is one of the main reasons I am not offering hunts. The other is that they’re under a ton of pressure right now from being shot at 24/7 and it’s not as easy as sitting in a blind waiting on them to come eat protein.

I was afraid to hear this is a problem for others… we shoot everyone we see but it’s just not enough. Hoping the trapping starts to take care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptBarbary View Post
                            Located south of Leakey. I don’t own the property, which is one of the main reasons I am not offering hunts. The other is that they’re under a ton of pressure right now from being shot at 24/7 and it’s not as easy as sitting in a blind waiting on them to come eat protein.

I was afraid to hear this is a problem for others… we shoot everyone we see but it’s just not enough. Hoping the trapping starts to take care of them.

Contact a professional trapper. You can make a few bucks of the Aoudad he traps.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Where do you hunt? Sounds like you’re seeing the same stuff we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X