CPap or BiPap users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPap or BiPap users

Do you clean your unit, mask, and hose with a SoClean ? If so, this might interest you. About two years ago my bipap bit the dust. Since I can’t sleep without one, I bought one out of my pocket. (Hadn’t had a sleep study in years). About a year after I got the new one it developed a strange whining noise, not unlike a dirt bike revving. I contacted the seller and after a little wrangling they sent me another. Then about two weeks ago this “new” one started the same thing. One faied at nearly a year, the other, just a little over a year. Now, I ain’t real smart, but I’m thinking something is up. Either I’m lucky as hell or something is causing this and I immediately suspect the SoClean because ozone is known to destroy some rubber items. After a short internet search I come across the statement that ResMed will no longer warranty a cpap or bipap cleaned with ozone. So……I’m stuck with this Kawasaki powered bipap or pony up $1,700 for a new one. I emailed SoClean but I do not expect any satisfaction. Needless to say, I’m done with anything ozone to clean my stuff, I’ll do it the old fashioned way.

Hmmmmmm
    I’ve been using the so clean for three years now no problems here.
    I have the 2cnd part of my sleep study in three weeks..
    good luck..

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
      Hmmmmmm
      I’ve been using the so clean for three years now no problems here.
      I have the 2cnd part of my sleep study in three weeks..
      good luck..
      What kind of machine ? Yours may have seals made out of something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        What kind of machine ? Yours may have seals made out of something else.
        Res med airsense 10

Comment

Res med airsense 10

Same machine I have and I use a SoClean daily.

Never thought about the effects of the ozone of the rubber. Hmmmm

Comment

Res med airsense 10
            Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
            Same machine I have and I use a SoClean daily.

Never thought about the effects of the ozone of the rubber. Hmmmm
            That’s exactly the one I have. Guess I shoulda bought a lottery ticket.

Comment

Kawasaki bi pap
              Sounds like a bumblebee fartin in a bean can huh! Lol
              Last edited by Bro. Bill; 12-27-2021, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I have res med air sense 10, but wash all my hoses and mask in sink with mild hand soap. I tried the so clean one time and could not stand the smell it put off, took it back.

Comment

I guess I am either lucky or have the constitution of a mule- I have never cleaned mine but I also don't use water in mine so maybe that is why I don't have any problems.

Comment

This might be causing the issue fellas: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthca...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch View Post
                      This might be causing the issue fellas: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthca...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
                      Phillips is not the brand of bipap that I’m using , nor the others that mentioned the brand.

Comment

ResMed cpap here. I've had the machine for close to 20 years. Been using the SoClean for 3-4 years with no problems, but I only run it 2 times a week and do not use the humidifier. I run it dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          ResMed cpap here. I've had the machine for close to 20 years. Been using the SoClean for 3-4 years with no problems, but I only run it 2 times a week and do not use the humidifier. I run it dry.
                          That might be the problem, I run mine every day for the recommended time, which is seven minutes.

That whining noise is driving me bats**t crazy !

Comment

I had the Res Med for 3 or 4 years before it started making the dirt bike sound. Never used the SoClean but did use the humidifier every night. Got the Philips that has been recalled and it works great. Hoping the replacement works just as good whenever it comes in.

Comment

Res med air sense 10. Soap and water. No issues for 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X