Kimble County/Junction Rut activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimble County/Junction Rut activity

Not able to get to my ranch in the last few weeks. Its early, but wondering if anyone has observed any pre-rut/rut action in that area? Normally later in month, but have seen activity this early before.

Thanks in advance!

We hunt South of London. No bucks chasing for us, mostly still in bachelor groups.

Comment

In between Junction and Menard, most of our bucks are still running together. The younger bucks are starting to push around some does. Just watched a nice 8 stand guard with two does this morning and a young buck run some does.

Comment

Off of Cleo Rd/2291, my report is identical to Heath's.

Comment

I'm west of Harper and they've started chasing a bit

Comment

Just came back from Thursday to Sunday Hunt in Junction / Segovia on 575 acres. Only saw a couple of deer a day and no rut activity. Did have one annoying young doe that kept giving me away for about 15 minutes. Good luck when you get there.
            Peter

Comment

We had 2 bucks harvested over the weekend and neither buck was working their hocks.

Comment

Appreciate everyone responding. Sounds like it is getting close. I am east of Segovia...

Comment

ttt

Comment

Good to know and interesting. Usually the first week of November in that part of the country is when bucks are on their feet looking heavily. I am planning on this next weekend being hard and heavy at our lease. Down in central TX, the rut is on and my bucks on the home place are actually locked down with does already.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                      Good to know and interesting. Usually the first week of November in that part of the country is when bucks are on their feet looking heavily. I am planning on this next weekend being hard and heavy at our lease. Down in central TX, the rut is on and my bucks on the home place are actually locked down with does already.
                      See you're from Buda. Have several friends that live in that area that have said the same; that they are chasing.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Just got back from Western Kimble County. Any of our deer older than 3 have absolutely 0 interest in does right now. Usually see the most mature bucks chasing after Thanksgiving.

Comment

Same out by Doss, mature bucks don’t care one bit about does unless they’re eating their corn. Some Young ones are sniffing and chasing but even they are concerned with corn not does.

Comment

Good info. Appreciate it. Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                              X