No announcement yet.

2022 Workout accountability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only made it one day this week, Monday. Tuesday through Friday evening are spent at the grandkids swimming lessons. Their so called "fathers" are POS and aren't involved with them so Glamma and Pappy are taking care of it. I don't get home until 8-830 and hit the sack around 10-1030 so getting up at 0345 has been impossible for this old man.

But, next week it's ON!

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Said screw it and went on a jog this evening. 2.25 miles at a 8.1min pace. Way better then it was at the start of the year.

Comment

Screw it.

Legs and some light core it is.

Comment

I’ve been very disciplined as far as schedule. Kitchen is where I’ve messed up. Checked last week and I was sitting at 17.2% BF. Guess that isn’t bad for mid 50s and 250#. May clean it up a little bit it is hot and excuses are easier

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            I’ve been very disciplined as far as schedule. Kitchen is where I’ve messed up. Checked last week and I was sitting at 17.2% BF. Guess that isn’t bad for mid 50s and 250#. May clean it up a little bit it is hot and excuses are easier

Humble brag?!!! [emoji106].

17% is about as low as I can get at 58 yrs old no matter how hard I try on the eating and lifting front. I’m a light weight at 185 lbs. I can only wish I had the kind of muscle mass you do.

Finished week 6 with my leg and an workout yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just knocked out arms and core.

Chest/back with heavy cardio tomorrow

Comment

New to this thread. Dr put me on BP an cholesterol meds last year. Had side effects from both even after changing meds up. Finally had enough. I was not physically active at all other than mowing the lawn or working around the ranch. I started with walking 2 miles 3x week back in late march. When I first started I was taking me about 34-36 min to get through the walk. Here I am 3 months later and I'm running 15 mi a week. and I'm now getting through 3 miles faster than I was 2...in the low 30's. doing mid 10mins/mi on a good day with fresh legs. I'm off my bp meds and cholesterol meds Have lost about 16 lbs and my legs are looking good. I need to start with some resistance training on my upper body soon. I feel so much better and am starting to get addicted to the workouts. It has to be something exceptional that happens for me to miss. Why I didn't start doing this 10 yrs ago, I have no idea...but I'm loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  New to this thread. Dr put me on BP an cholesterol meds last year. Had side effects from both even after changing meds up. Finally had enough. I was not physically active at all other than mowing the lawn or working around the ranch. I started with walking 2 miles 3x week back in late march. When I first started I was taking me about 34-36 min to get through the walk. Here I am 3 months later and I'm running 15 mi a week. and I'm now getting through 3 miles faster than I was 2...in the low 30's. doing mid 10mins/mi on a good day with fresh legs. I'm off my bp meds and cholesterol meds Have lost about 16 lbs and my legs are looking good. I need to start with some resistance training on my upper body soon. I feel so much better and am starting to get addicted to the workouts. It has to be something exceptional that happens for me to miss. Why I didn't start doing this 10 yrs ago, I have no idea...but I'm loving it.

Congrats on your success. You are correct, it can become addicting. I did start 10 yrs ago and have been very happy I did. Like you, as I experienced some success and what comes with it, I wondered why I didn’t start 10 yrs sooner. The only answer I could come up with was…….life.

Comment

These are the posts I love seeing! Congrats and keep up the awesome work! You deserve every bit!

Comment

Fantastic sir and love to hear it!

Just finished Chest and Back this AM

Shoulders and Core tomorrow

Comment

This is awesome! Congratulations on your success! I figured it up the other day and I've been doing the workout stuff for 35 years. I don't like to miss a day, but as I get older I find that I need a little more rest for recovery. If I ain't hittin' the gym regularly I start feeling sluggish and just don't feel good. I also feel guilty when I miss a day for sleeping in a little later!

I only made one day last week due to the late swim lessons for the grand kids. Thank goodness I survived it and they did too? LOL! I'll take this week a little easier then kick it back into high gear next week for a month of 5X5. Chest and biceps today 3X10

Incline DB bench press/preacher curl
                        Incline DB bench press one notch lower/BB curl
                        DB bench press flat/overhead cable curl
                        Seated wide grip chest press/hammer curl bar
                        Incline DB chest fly/arm blaster curls

Back and legs tomorrow

Comment

Thank you all!

@sabrekiller. 15 years ago I used to run and lift and just quit b/c life and or my attitude got in the way. I can definitely tell the difference in recovery and endurance now. Back then it was my cardio that was prohibitive as it related to endurance. Now is my muscles. At the end of 3 mins my chest and lungs are willing to take more punishment...my legs are not. When I was younger it was the opposite.

Comment

Another day to get it! Just walked in for shoulders and core.

Comment

Fixing to start working out…this post holds me too it [emoji28]

Quick question, any recommendations for reducing muscle soreness?
                              The older I get, the longer it last. Half the time I’m sore now and don’t even know what I did to cause it lol

Comment

My wife and 13yo son will also be working out with me. I want to focus on a boxing style workout with a little mma added. These kids these days don’t get the street training like we did growing up and with the direction this society is headed…it’s just a matter of time before someone gonna need an attitude adjustment lol. Figured if we are going to get in shape, we might as well improve our self defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X