• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
    Congratulations Steve on making Arrowheads.com’s Member of the month
    Thanks. Didn't know you was over there.

Comment

Hey Thanx GarGuy for the ID was really surprised the two you wanted to see I thought others were more interesting but I'm def no pro at darts! After hearing that red one might have been in a fire we immediately did a smudging in the entire house and all of our artifacts!! We've got the Stone Artifacts of Texas Indians book and it's helping a lot but def a lot to be learned!! Erica joined the Artifacts.com yesterday too!!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        The flat tan item is a big flake struck from a core to be used as is. The red item is a broken Gary . Looks like it has been in a fire .
        So if it was in a fire does this mean it was a burial item? If yes then I assume I should put it back is there anything I need to do beside place it back where we found it?

Comment

Thanks. Didn't know you was over there.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
            So if it was in a fire does this mean it was a burial item? If yes then I assume I should put it back is there anything I need to do beside place it back where we found it?
            The two I ask for better pics of both had potential to be paleo. They did not turn out yo be after better pics. The grouping is all middle to late archaic .

Nothing burial there. Artifacts got fire damage many ways ranging from being discarded into a fire to forest fires, cooked in meat, etc. You have a nice archaic site. Go find some more!

Comment

Hey alright! Although the smudging did seem to make a difference even if it's only in my head! I know a lot of Indians won't touch an arrowhead till it's been cleansed and I surely don't want no bad JUJU!! Thanx for the info Bud!!

Comment

Check out this surface find from Martin county. Any info on type and material would be greatly appreciated.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                  Check out this surface find from Martin county. Any info on type and material would be greatly appreciated.
                  Looks like Early Triangular. Yes that's a type. Very nicely made 9,000 year old artifact. Not sure on usual but maybe jasper. Good close pics of both sides might help me Id material. Good find.

Comment

Looks like Early Triangular. Yes that's a type. Very nicely made 9,000 year old artifact. Not sure on usual but maybe jasper. Good close pics of both sides might help me Id material. Good find.
                    Garguy thanks for the reply, I think I can speak for everyone and we appreciate your wisdom and readiness to share it.

We there was supposed to be a couple of close up pics of that point in my reply but I wasn’t able to attach them for some reason. I tried to zoom in and screen shot them, maybe that’s the problem. I’ll take some tomorrow outside. Thanks again.
                    Last edited by Trapper76; 06-18-2022, 09:54 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                      Garguy thanks for the reply, I think I can speak for everyone and we appreciate your wisdom and readiness to share it.
                      I approve this message! I might or might not have texted him a point or two in my day [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s a couple more pictures,
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very pretty. Probably made of jasper.

Comment

Thanks GarGuy!

Comment

Can I get an ID on these 3 please?
                              Attached Files

Comment

They were ahead in the game more than we think.

Comment

Working...
                                X