Adding power pole to your boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding power pole to your boat

I am looking at adding two power pole blades to my boat. Looks like it will about 60-65 pounds to my transom/motor mount.

Have any of y'all running them noticed the added weight? Curious as to how the weight affects the transom, getting on plane, etc.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. This is my first boat, and I am just starting to add upgrades.

Why do you want 2 poles? I see people with them but I’ve never fished where I can’t move a few feet and it make a difference. If you are adding upgrades. I would add a power pole and spot lock trolling motor.

Comment

The best thing about two poles is once they are both down the boat wont swing. Its not a huge deal for me with only one. I can see an advantage to having 2 on a bass boat.

I did not notice any performance difference in adding mine. They are great to have without a doubt

Comment

They run 2 blades so they can post up sideways into the wind. Sometimes I wish I had Talons. That amount of weight shouldn't have any if at all effect on you boat operation.

Comment

What he said^^ I have two talons and love it especially when im fishing bulkheads and want my boat faced a certain direction so everyone can fish and it not move. You aren't doing that with one pole.

Comment

I was going to go with 2 because most people I’ve talked to who have one, wished they had two or mentioned adding another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
              I was going to go with 2 because most people I’ve talked to who have one, wished they had two or mentioned adding another one.
              You will fight the wind with one pole

Comment

Go with the Raptors if possible. The weight is minimal for boat operation with either the blades or the Raptors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                  One is good, two is way way better. You would regret only getting one if you can afford two. I would never have another boat without 2 powerpoles on it. It's the first option I pick when getting a new boat lol

Comment

Oh and to answer your original question you will not notice any difference in performance of the boat with the added weight.

Comment

If fishing fresh from the boat you want two, if just anchoring while wading the salt one is fine.

You will never notice the weight

Comment

The only other thing I would definitely recommend is a sandwich mount if you can afford one. It mounts between the transom/motor and keeps you from drilling more holes and there is tons of adjustability.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          The only other thing I would definitely recommend is a sandwich mount if you can afford one. It mounts between the transom/motor and keeps you from drilling more holes and there is tons of adjustability.
                          What does a mount like that run?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            What does a mount like that run?
                            About $750 for both sides.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Go ahead and get two of them. Everyone I know with a single wants another or has added a second. Won’t notice any performance issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X