The End of Cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAP View Post
    They have to legally take cash if your paying off a debt, which includes paying for a hamburger that was ordered by you. They may not have any change to give back, but order more stuff to get as close as you can to make up the difference.

And I really dont think its quicker paying with a card compared to paying with cash...with all the stupid questions the card reader ask during the process. Cash back, recepiet, would you like to donate, are you a club member, the amount correct, would you like a car wash today etc etc

The longest part of paying with cash, is that most people working there cant count
    I agree with you but it was not the hill I wanted to die on. I could have asked for a manager and explained the situation and got it taken care of. But I’m not that guy(at least right then I wasn’t)

I asked about Paypal or Venmo and she said no to those.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Yep, when's the last time you had a clerk actually count back change? For example the total is $7.25 and you pay with a $10. The clerk gives you 3 quarters and two $1 bills saying - ".75 makes $8 and $2 makes 10$" That was once considered the only proper way - now they see what the register says and hand you a wad of bills and a handful of coins leaving you to figure out if it's right. Not a big deal of course but it annoys me. (GOF!)
      Many years ago I had a little clerk at a convenience store tell me she could only take exact change because the machine was broken and wouldn't tell her how much money to give back. I took a few minutes and explained to her how to do it. Then using my own money I showed her. She never got it. I just left. I can imagine how much stupider they are today.

Comment

Until consumers learn to walk away and do business elsewhere or just skip the transactions all together it will just get worse. Sad how everyone has forgot what happened when COVID hit and many places lost their revenue streams. I still have places I refuse to go to because of their stance during COVID. I will spend more at a local vendor and just buy less to balance it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jabel View Post
          I know that Disch-Falk is. Globe Life is also.
          Was in New York a few weeks ago and went to a Yankees game and Yankee Stadium is cashless as well. Took cash out of bank for just that reason only to find out they didn't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Yep, when's the last time you had a clerk actually count back change? For example the total is $7.25 and you pay with a $10. The clerk gives you 3 quarters and two $1 bills saying - ".75 makes $8 and $2 makes 10$" That was once considered the only proper way - now they see what the register says and hand you a wad of bills and a handful of coins leaving you to figure out if it's right. Not a big deal of course but it annoys me. (GOF!)
            And the bills are wadded up and you have to straighten them out while people wait in line. Well……I do anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
              Remember once it's all gone you won't be able to buy food, supplies, medicine and.... unless you a good sheep!
              Boom!
              One world currency, one world religion, one world government. It’s all there in the Book of Revelation.

Comment

The Mark of the Beast! Next is everyone gets a stamp or chip or no service.

Comment

What would happen if you just left the cash as payment for the bill? I have always wondered that and wonder if it would be stealing. I mean, technically you paid the bill. Also, what would they do if a person does not have a credit card to pay with? Do they comp the meal?

People just get more and more stupid on a daily basis. Like the sign I saw in my kid's doctor office today.

"Due to COVID, please do not take your shoes off when stepping on the scale". I asked if it was a joke and the nurse said that it was not a joke. Some people's kids.

Comment

Went to a comedy show in San Antonio last winter. Card only for parking, card only for drinks and snacks. Wife had not taken all her normal purse stuff so she had to get out of line to come get my card. Before that on the way in to the event there were signs advising masks were required, had a clown at the front door holding a sign stating the same. I was disgusted before I even sat down. Once inside the event (Majestic Theater) I spied all kinds of folks walking around unmasked, imagine that. Beautiful place but with the parking fiasco and card for everything I don't think they have anything that I can't do without seeing. Wife was just as disgusted as I was. If you have ever had a card declined for no fault of yours, imagine all your funds frozen if you don't comply with all the one world ideas. I know there are pros and cons to cash and card, but once it is only one form, get ready for disaster.
                    Last edited by txlawdog; 06-03-2022, 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                      What would happen if you just left the cash as payment for the bill? I have always wondered that and wonder if it would be stealing. I mean, technically you paid the bill. Also, what would they do if a person does not have a credit card to pay with? Do they comp the meal?

People just get more and more stupid on a daily basis. Like the sign I saw in my kid's doctor office today.

"Due to COVID, please do not take your shoes off when stepping on the scale". I asked if it was a joke and the nurse said that it was not a joke. Some people's kids.
                      I guess some folks breath through their feet??? You can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post

I believe a “manager” would have solved the issue. Either by taking my $20 and paying it himself or just comping it.
                        Had this been the type of restaurant where you pay after you eat instead of when you order it would have been a whole different conversation. One where I had the upper hand. I do not recall seeing signs saying credit only but then again I wasn’t looking since I knew I had cash.

Several restaurants I frequent are cash only. Namely lulling city market. Or was about 8 months ago.

Others have signs saying our prices reflect a 3% cash discount so if you pay with a card it up charges.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                          I believe a “manager” would have solved the issue. Either by taking my $20 and paying it himself or just comping it.
                          Or pocketing the cash. From this thread sounds like managers are taking the $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                            Many years ago I had a little clerk at a convenience store tell me she could only take exact change because the machine was broken and wouldn't tell her how much money to give back. I took a few minutes and explained to her how to do it. Then using my own money I showed her. She never got it. I just left. I can imagine how much stupider they are today.
                            Dang, that’s bad. Heck, I can’t add, subtract, multiply or divide buy I can count back change. All ya gotta do is count.

Comment

Comment

Don't see much of this around here, but went to DFW last weekend and noticed that there were two options to pay for gas as always, cash or credit. But if I remember right credit was 3% more (is this right)! WHY would anyone want to pay more?

Credit is very good for tracking you and your lifestyle also.
                                Last edited by BowCrazy; 06-03-2022, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X