2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I’ve got a question for the livescopers.

I’m going to finally get one later this summer. With Garmin’s supply problems on the new Livescope plus would you recommend holding out until they’re more readily available or would you just get the current model? I’ve spoken with a few guys who say the main benefit is looking out further distances, under 30’ or so there’s not much of an upgrade if any.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeaster View Post

I’m going to finally get one later this summer. With Garmin’s supply problems on the new Livescope plus would you recommend holding out until they’re more readily available or would you just get the current model? I’ve spoken with a few guys who say the main benefit is looking out further distances, under 30’ or so there’s not much of an upgrade if any.
        I bit the bullet a month ago and decided to go with the original instead of the new that was back ordered. I have no regrets at all and if the new one turns out to be that much better, then I will spend the $499 on the newtransducer. Everything else will still work. 👍

Comment

I just put the 34 on my boat i will report back

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            I just put the 34 on my boat i will report back

Tell the wife your going to work tomorrow ans go fishing!! Wait! You already do that!

Comment

they bitin everywhere

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not have personal experience with the 32 but I did buy a 34. I have spent a fair bit of time on a garmin facebook group and watching youtube. From what I have gathered, I would say buy the 32 and get on the water! It is a significant cost savings and what you are losing is negligible for crappie type fishing. Two main things are improved range (like beyond 60 feet) and better target separation. I don't think you will catch any less fish with a 32. Invest the money saved into a bigger screen.

Comment

I haven't run the 34 but I know folks that like it and folks that went back to the 32! All of them are crappie anglers. I can't speak for any bass fishing. I can see fish and cast to them at 50-70' with the 32. Maybe I'll get a 34 and stick it on my backup rig in case I don't like it!

Comment

last day at Conroe for a while! They managed to put 50 in the cooler but we had to work for em! Headed to Venice for trashfish next week a couple days and then off to Truman for Crappie Masters!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                      last day at Conroe for a while! They managed to put 50 in the cooler but we had to work for em! Headed to Venice for trashfish next week a couple days and then off to Truman for Crappie Masters!

I hear no salt needed on cook-n them Venice fish. They come pre salted in water.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Boy I'm glad you're leaving

Comment

2022 Crappie Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0182.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	24685939

Waco gave up another limit this morning. Spent a few hours side scanning and finding new brush while breaking in a new lower unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by slabnabbin; 06-04-2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
                            [ATTACH]1091472[/ATTACH]

Waco gave up another limit this morning. Spent a few hours side scanning and finding new brush while breaking in a new lower unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Dang! Nice I need to get out. Been too long. And water level has changed most of the spots I fished last year at this time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't been able to fish in a while. Been busting my butt working landscaping to try and make up some ground this summer.

But did finally get around to painting my boat yesterday! Kryptek job on the old cajun special.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

They will never see you coming. Great job

Comment

Working...
                                X