This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name calling

Can two people with differing opinions have a decent conversation without resorting to name calling? I exspect better from this group. Some of yall I can see are just that way, but others really surprised me.

This community we have here is very special. I've prayed with complete strangers, had people I don't even know drive hundreds of miles to do a express for me and expected nothing in return.

The world around us is changing. I don't like it anymore than the next guy, but if we cant have a decent discussion we will all go down with the ship.

If you can't be a adult and have a conversation without resulting to name calling, then you're part of the problem and not the part of the solution.

Good wisdom above. Take a breath before you jump.

Comment

X2
      Well said
      I realize sometimes we let personal emotions get the best of us.
      This is a great site
      And cardinal TBH rule…no beans in chili

Comment

Agree, words of wisdom.

Comment

It usually works itself out. Not always.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
            X2
            Well said
            I realize sometimes we let personal emotions get the best of us.
            This is a great site
            And cardinal TBH rule…no beans in chili
            Anybody that would put beans in chili is a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Can two people with differing opinions have a decent conversation without resorting to name calling? I exspect better from this group. Some of yall I can see are just that way, but others really surprised me.

This community we have here is very special. I've prayed with complete strangers, had people I don't even know drive hundreds of miles to do a express for me and expected nothing in return.

The world around us is changing. I don't like it anymore than the next guy, but if we cant have a decent discussion we will all go down with the ship.

If you can't be a adult and have a conversation without resulting to name calling, then you're part of the problem and not the part of the solution.
              Spot on! Too many easy and thoughtless names being thrown around. Be an adult.

Comment

I have to adult 40+ hours a week. Aint doing it here. I've probably called people names but I'm sure they needed it

*this post sponsored by first afternoon of 6 days off and wine from a solo cup

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sometimes the shoe fits.

Comment

My pronoun is “Nobody” but somebody usually calls me a name, whatever.

Comment

I appreciate some good name calling when one is really frustrated but it doesn’t have a place on here in my humble onion. This is where I go to escape my frustrations and not escalate them. Some good ribbing is another matter entirely ��

Comment

Appreciate the sentiment - Name calling solves nothing and changes nothing. Being able to have a good discussion could prevent a lot of what’s wrong with the world.

Comment

I’ve been in many debates on here over certain topics. When someone results to name calling that just lets me know they’re out of ideas and that I’ve won.

Comment

Originally posted by hoghunter34 View Post
                            x2
                            well said
                            i realize sometimes we let personal emotions get the best of us.
                            This is a great site
                            and cardinal tbh rule…no beans in chili is hot dog sauce. :d
                            fify!

Comment

I've been been on the Green screen for several years, and have sat back with my popcorn and read many post that went south quick, but in the end, IMO, nothing was accomplished. but I also agree there are some that need a swift kick in the can at times..

Comment

Working...
                              X