Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    “Worlds largest” subtle brag
    Lol well, that is what I am told. I just work here.

Comment

29 years 11 monthes and 14 days as a cop. Just couldnt do 30

Comment

Project Manager for a General Contractor.

Actually got my Bachelor of Science in Engineering Management and started working as a Field Engineer for a hydraulic fracturing company right out of college.

From there transitioned over to the construction industry. It was a fairly easy transition and not being on the road and out of town for weeks at a time and having weekends off is a nice change.

I will say the money isn't as good right off the bat but if you stick it out and work hard you can move up fast and get bonuses and raises almost annually.

One other I might suggest is getting into the roofing industry, whether it be commercial or residential. I have a ton of friends who have gotten into it here recently and are doing extremely well for themselves.

Comment

In the last 25 years....

Carpenter
          Carpenter Foreman
          Concrete Foreman
          Civil Superintendent
          CNC Machinist
          Shop Manager
          Youth Pastor
          Construction Project Manager
          General Manager for Pool Builder
          Currently Co-Owner of Pool Company and Police Chaplain

Comment

Contract pumped wells for 5 years out of college for many oil companies, but just recently made the transition to oilfield pump sales. 28 YO.

I hope to, Lord willing, in the next year or so to start getting into real estate investing. Not sure yet on type, residential rentals, commercial rentals, RV park, apartments. Only the Lord knows and I’ll go where he sees fit, but I sure hope to soon get into some form of real estate!

Comment

Industrial Maintenance at a candy factory

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Electrical engineer, running the familiar bussines now, my father is still the "boss" but he expend more of his time fishing.

Comment

Teacher/Coach 26 years

Comment

Good to see some other EHS folks on here. Been doing Environmental, Health and Safety for over 30 years (mostly O&G, now Chemical). Made a decent living doing it.

Got into Men's Ministry about 5 year back and though it's difficult to juggle a fulltime job and that role, it is incredibly rewarding. Fulfills me like no other job I've ever had. Hoping to wrap up the EHS job within the next 5 years and spend more time on the ministry stuff AND hopefully more deer hunting.

Comment

Corporate manager for a local contractor’s Crane & Lifting division

Comment

Fire Captain for 20 years now.. also own a Home Inspection business in the Austin area called Off Duty Pro Home Inspections

Comment

I coached / taught for 28 years, the last 13 of that as the AD / head football coach. I've been a middle school principal for the past 2.5 years.

Comment

Stone retaining wall contractor in DFW area. Started out as an attorney with a firm and moved in-house for a construction company. Realized after 10 years that I was not happy and took a chance. Started with tiny projects and now have 8-10 crews (depending on time of year) and focus on new subdivisions, apartment complexes and big box commercial projects. Can be super stressful at times and lots of long hours in the beginning. Don’t think I could ever go back to working for someone else.

Comment

For the last 33 years and for 5 more days I'm a piping design supervisor for an EPCFM firm. After that I guess I'm retired cuz I refuse to get the vax.

Comment

Software sales. Went straight out of college into a start up then medium sized O&G software company and now working for a fortune 100 software company as an enterprise sales rep. The early part of my career was a grind but it’s very very good money…but is very very very very stressful. The perk is I can work from home or at the family ranch. If anyone has a kid coming out of school looking to get into sales I’d gladly help them find a job in software sales.

Comment

Working...
                                X