2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    Our first tournament is supposed to be September 15th as well. Hopefully my sone will be back to normal so he can play.
    Still got a couple weeks to get it to be at least comfortable.

What tourney are yall doing?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleCharlie View Post
      We are roughly the same age. I'm a few years behind but we have a lot of people in common. Did you just miss Mike Taylor? Of course Hook was there in 89-90 before going to Blinn where I played for him.

You would have been there with Benny Bryant, Randy Brown, Hinkle, Andy, etc. Those were great teams!!
      I was there with coach Hooks great guy. I remember Benny and Andy for sure and Brad Johnson along with Jay Graham that team was set up to win!

Comment

Tan moved to red team to be starting catcher..he's loving it and it makes my heart happy seeing him back there full time.
        9U is gonna be fun for him..time for some real(er) baseball
        Got first practice out of the way last night...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Tan moved to red team to be starting catcher..he's loving it and it makes my heart happy seeing him back there full time.
          Ya buddy, that's awesome.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that! Good catchers are HARD to find and he will always have a place to play if he can hold it down back there. Good luck to him. 9u is a fun year!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              Well it started in high school where I was selected on the varsity team as a stating pitcher my freshman year. I played 4 years in high school and made 3 years all state and 4 years all district as a Pitcher /SS then I signed at San Jac with Wayne Gram in 89-90 and was selected to come play at the round rock express for a few games before the shoulder finally had enough and never finished my college ball the next year. I then went on to coaching at the select level and have loved it ever since. My Dad umpired for 42 years at the high school and NCAA level before he gave it up. Baseball runs deep in my family and we love helping the kids as well as turning them into good young men on and off the field. My teams are under the no pass no play rule period.
              Awesome! You played for the express? What round did you get drafted in?

Comment

i was just about to post a fall ball thread, good thing i searched first

both my boys are playing football right now but baseball practice has started up as well so we are running everywhere once again. my youngest is 8u this fall and on the same team, Generals, and my oldest made a switch from the Tigers to Academy Select. its been a great change of scenery so far. Brocks glove and arm have looked better than ever, playing all over the field, even a little at 1st base for the first time ever, and he is having a blast which is the best part. even though he finished the spring/summer strong at the plate his bat still isnt where it was this time last year IMO, so we are working hard at home to get it back.

we are pumped to see what he fall brings for both boys, and i am really hoping the 3 weekends we have both sports, that they wont overlap.

Comment

We are hitting a dbl header Sunday league beginning this week...right after his baptism..

Comment

Well hopefully my boy gets his soft cast off today so we can get back to baseball

Comment

Have you guys enjoy them playing year round because bynthe time highschool ball rolls around a majority of them will he mentally burned out and/or body parts wore out Leaving the to be sitting in the stands watching their buddies at play with you right along side him If by now is am not a fan of them so called select ball

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty5 View Post
                        Have you guys enjoy them playing year round because bynthe time highschool ball rolls around a majority of them will he mentally burned out and/or body parts wore out Leaving the to be sitting in the stands watching their buddies at play with you right along side him If by now is am not a fan of them so called select ball
                        Well thanks for the positive input, lol.

Comment

ok

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            i was just about to post a fall ball thread, good thing i searched first

both my boys are playing football right now but baseball practice has started up as well so we are running everywhere once again. my youngest is 8u this fall and on the same team, Generals, and my oldest made a switch from the Tigers to Academy Select. its been a great change of scenery so far. Brocks glove and arm have looked better than ever, playing all over the field, even a little at 1st base for the first time ever, and he is having a blast which is the best part. even though he finished the spring/summer strong at the plate his bat still isnt where it was this time last year IMO, so we are working hard at home to get it back.

we are pumped to see what he fall brings for both boys, and i am really hoping the 3 weekends we have both sports, that they wont overlap.
                            Glad to hear they are doing well!

We are hitting a dbl header Sunday league beginning this week...right after his baptism..
                            Congratulations and good luck!

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                            Well hopefully my boy gets his soft cast off today so we can get back to baseball
                            I was hoping he was pulling through!

Comment

We have a Sunday tournament coming up this weekend. It looks like there are not a lot of teams signing up for stuff this Fall.

I dont mind that, especially while the football games are taking up Sat mornings.

Comment

yeah i wish we would have gotten in a couple 1 day tourneys.

good luck to you guys

Comment

Working...
                                X