Duck Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Opener

Saw a few here and there the past few weeks, heard some flying early this week while in the blind. Got my buck already so I thought I’d set up on our big tank. Was foggy with almost no wind, not great conditions. Could hear some flying before I could see. It wasn’t fast and furious but it was steady over about two hours for us to take 2-limits. Nine were widgeon, one teal, and two jacks. Love early season birds cause they decoy easy.

Very nice

Comment

Nicely done! Good birds at that!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Congrats on the cottontops.

Comment

Need colder weather to bring more down! With standing water everywhere it might be a tough year really.

Comment

Looks like you have a Wigeon honey hole!

Comment

We have Wigeon around most years and I'm good with that really. I wish we'd get a few more bigger ducks in at time but I'm good with them. Not many teal either and I wish we had more. What we do have is a lot of Jacks....they come in flocks of 10 or more too. Fun to shoot but not to clean or eat.

Comment

Looks like you'd good. Decided to strictly deer hunt this past weekend. did not see a thing, but when I walked by the pond, it was covered in wood ducks.

Comment

My son shot his deer already and I got mine last week. Don't need anymore deer so it's ducks, pigs, and coyotes from here on out. Oh, I did have hundreds of dove hoping tree to tree around my big tank. Going to give them hell too when it opens back up in Dec.

Comment

Next front is Sat night, Sun morning. Try it again Sun morning I guess. Any kind of N wind is good for our big tank. NW is ideal.

Comment

Far left widgeon drake looks like it could be a storm widgeon possibly??

Nice hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          Far left widgeon drake looks like it could be a storm widgeon possibly??

Nice hunt.
                          Had no idea what you were talking about. Had to look it up! You could be right, don't have any better pics to be sure but it sure is more white on his head then others.

Comment

Well. Went this morning and never even shouldered my gun. Saw some birds but they were high and not interested in coming down. Most of what I’m seeing are locals I’m guessing. Need colder weather and more snow up north.

Comment

Hope that big old blizzard running through the Mid-West pushes a glut of birds down for 2nd season because I've not seen much for about two weeks now.

Comment

Working...
                              X