Best wireless camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wireless camera

Hey guys, I’m looking to find the best wireless camera that sends you text messages of either video or pictures to your phone when you have it out. I’m building a hog trap that I’m able to drop through my phone as well. So looking for a camera to be pretty fast to be sending me the information. What I’ve read so far. Covert, snyper, and spartan are the top that’s in reading. Any information will help, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Spartan and would not recommend it to anyone. Difficult to set up. Get a Spypoint, easy set up and they offer there own data plan so you do not have to hassle with a cell service provider.

Comment

I have a moultrie and spypoint. The moultrie constantly goes down. I have timed them both to see how long it takes to get pictures. The moultrie takes about 15 minutes and the spypoint usually sends them within 2 minutes.

Comment

The covert is ok. Miss a lot of pictures and breaks down often.

Comment

Have 4 spypoint and 2 coverts going.
          Used to have all coverts, but switching them out with spypoint.
          I have better luck and reception with spypoint. Easy to use as well.

Comment

Another vote for Spypoint.

Comment

tagged

Comment

I have Coverts, haven't had too many problems. More with the app than with individual cameras.

Some company had a brand new, very small model they were advertising at the ATA show. Saw it on facebook. Can't remember which company it was.

Comment

We didn’t realize how many missed pictures on the Covert until last couple years. Several instances when we would be hunting a stand and see several deer and no pictures taken. Also about every 2 weeks they stop working and you have to reset.

Comment

We run three covert AT&T wireless cameras on hog traps and deer feeders, they do require a good cell signal and solar panels on auxiliary power supply.

Comment

I have 2 Spartans that will quit working before the end of 2019 , something about Verizon shutting them off.
                      I bought a solar powered spartan in September that has worked well and still on the first set of batteries

Comment

I run coverts also they have been a good camera.

Comment

Snyper has been good for me however you cannot command it to take a photo and as of Jan 1 AT&T stopped forwarding the pics via text. I still get them but only on the free app.

Comment

What kind of data plan does spypoint offer, and can I use ATT instead of them if I wanted?
                            Thanks
                            Bert

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              I have 2 Spartans that will quit working before the end of 2019 , something about Verizon shutting them off.
                              I bought a solar powered spartan in September that has worked well and still on the first set of batteries
                              Do you have a link or other source for this? I had heard they would not activate/support the 3G ones going forward but i have never heard they would stop transmitting pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X