Bow for my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow for my wife

So I’ve been trying to get my wife into archery for a while now. I finally gave up and stopped asking her because it really didn’t seem like something she wanted to do. Well this morning she asked me what kind of bow would be good for her if she wanted to try it. she is really only interested in target shooting and 3D shooting at the moment. I only got into archery 2 1/2 years ago and I am far from an expert. I would like some opinions from any female archers or people who know female archers out there, about what compound bows seem to work best for them. Any advice is appreciated.

-Matt-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would highly suggest one of the more versatile bows that have a wide range of draw weight options. Start her off light, like 30-35 lbs and have her work her way up slowly. These are normally a beginner or lower tier bow and they are usually about half the cost of the flagship bows. Visit a bow shop and see what they have or look online at the different manufacturers at what they offer. Most of them have a bow that has a draw weight from 30-70lbs and draw length options from low 20’s to 30”.

This one here is a good example of what I’m talking about

Featuring our new fast fit technology, the switch is highly adjustable for maximum performance at every draw length.
    Last edited by Sleepy; 04-28-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Start her out with a mission bow if I was you

Comment

I have a Mission bow with new strings that I bought for my wife. Has been shot about 10 times. PM me if you’re interested sir

Comment

Of course, I'm going to be the lone voice again on this topic. I don't like "grow with you bows" for adults who aren't growing. They are great for young archers who can grow 6 inches in a year, but not so much for an adult. Will it work, yes, but it isn't the best option.

The problem with highly adjustable bows is that the draw weight is dependent on the draw length and most do not have a good back wall.

Something like the Mathews Avail is a much better choice for a small framed, adult archer. Several of my students shoot the Avail in both 3D and indoor competition. But there are others just as good that may fit her better like the Bowtech Eva Shockey and others.

If you really want her to fall in love with archery, get her a good performing bow with a good grip, a good back wall (either limb stops or cable stops) and have it fitted to her draw length from the beginning.

Comment

This is all great advice, I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help. I think I will look at some of the bowtechs. Maybe I will get her the Eva Shockey model, we’ll see. Lol it’s kind of pricey but we did go look at it and it felt like a great option for her. Anyway, thanks again all. If anybody else thinks of another option to consider just lemme know. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by matt.howell411 View Post
              This is all great advice, I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help. I think I will look at some of the bowtechs. Maybe I will get her the Eva Shockey model, we’ll see. Lol it’s kind of pricey but we did go look at it and it felt like a great option for her. Anyway, thanks again all. If anybody else thinks of another option to consider just lemme know. Thanks again!

Whatever you spend on the wife will be returned to you tenfold! It may not be in the Bible, but it should be!

Comment

Lol that sounds true to me.

Comment

Bought my wife, daughter, and son each a Mission now and they have been fantastic. Great bow to start out on! Would highly recommend one for your wife.

Comment

My wife just got int to target shooting about a month ago and got the diamond edge sb1 and she loves it!

Comment

Ended up getting her a pse ferocity. She liked it the most out of the ones she shot. Thanks for all the suggestions tho!

Comment

my wife shot diamond infinite edge and it was horrible.. slow and "back wall" was non existent. traded it for a cooler and bought her a bowtech heartbreaker and wow what a bow. she shot that one for a long time and did awesome with it.. life hit and we both were forced to sell our bows..

make a long story short, i bought the elite spirit that was in the classifieds and that thing is a shooter. fast, smooth, and has a solid backwall.. really a nice bow if you can find one

Comment

Did you make a decision? I’m looking to get my wife a bow next year. Thinking about looking for a gently used Mathews Jewel

Comment

Mine has a Bear Apprentice. She won't hunt with it but enjoys target shooting

Comment

My wife shoots a diamond infinate edge and likes it. Plus it wasnt expensive

Comment

Working...
                              X