No announcement yet.

Gout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shellfish and alcohol are my triggers if in excess. I have to be smart about it. I can start feeling my foot/big toe start to swell a day or so before it sets in. One of the most painful things I have endured.

Comment

I’m dealing with this BS right now. Terrible.

Comment

I get it bout once a year in my left big toe but have never been to a dr about it and dont take any medication....last bout was unbearable so I went to doctor at 5pm. They prescribed me colchisine and it was almost gone the next day and completely gone the next evening. It was a life saver for me! Still got the bottle in my cabinet for next time!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I get it, not bad but it runs in the family. My brother had it once and it was killing him. He called and ask what he could do the relieve the pain. I told him I mix butter and salt and put it on the area. Told him it won't cure it but helps. I called a hour later and he was in a recliner with butter and salt all over his foot. I still am laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
            I get it, not bad but it runs in the family. My brother had it once and it was killing him. He called and ask what he could do the relieve the pain. I told him I mix butter and salt and put it on the area. Told him it won't cure it but helps. I called a hour later and he was in a recliner with butter and salt all over his foot. I still am laughing.

This is awesome

Comment

My Dad suffered from gout many years ago until he started taking Cherry juice concentrate. Puts a spoonful in a glass of water and drinks it twice a day. He's 88 years old now and is still gout free.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                My Dad suffered from gout many years ago until he started taking Cherry juice concentrate. Puts a spoonful in a glass of water and drinks it twice a day. He's 88 years old now and is still gout free.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tree-Of-L...-of-1/31006559
                Thank you!

Comment

As stated before, Allopurinol in my case and took care of my problems. Good luck

Comment

I get it also, when I flair up I go to the doctor and get a steroid and pain shot. Within a couple hrs I am good to go. For me that's the only way for it to go away the fastest.

Comment

PM sent ATI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                        I’m on alupurinol now, but my Uric Acid was 15.... anything over 6 is considered high, so I need to help reduce it by diet as well... I ate a supreme Pizza the other day it was so filling and awesome and it made me realize how we take things for granted.
                        Gout sucks donkeys
                        The only thing that really sets me off is some seafood, mainly shrimp. For the longest time as long as I avoided shrimp I didn't have issues. I'm now on allopurnol and have only had 1 flare up in the last year and half. I also eat clean now for the most part. I also noticed when I cut out the sugar I had fewer problems. My BIL's brother had to go straight vegan to get his under control. He would get huge knots on his joints and sometimes surgery to remove them. Hope you don't have to go as extreme as he did.

Comment

I had some issues the cause was energy drinks they have a lot of acids. if I drink them a lot I get gout. If i drink a five hour energy drink I will get gout for sure. Drank a couple for work reasons got gout every time.

Comment

All pm's returned.

Comment

FWIW, I have been told by pharmacists and a couple of doctors not to use baking soda. They said, '"it is essentially throwing gas on a fire.'' I have been taking tart cherry extract caps and celery seed caps. Also recommended, garden of life raw organic perfect food (I have lemon-ginger). This works as quick and is better for you than baking soda.

Comment

Make cherries a part of your diet. I'll eat 10-15 a week. Gout never returned.

Comment

Working...
                                X