Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
    Can anyone recommend a Low Carb, Gluten Free wrap or tortilla? I can fine one or the other but not both together.
    Bring your checkbook. They are expensive. But they taste good to me.
    Welcome to Julian Bakery. Explore our wide array of health-focused, gluten-free products. With high-protein snacks, natural sweeteners, and dairy-free delights, we merge nutrition and taste. Begin your journey towards wellness with us today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
      Bring your checkbook. They are expensive. But they taste good to me.
      Welcome to Julian Bakery. Explore our wide array of health-focused, gluten-free products. With high-protein snacks, natural sweeteners, and dairy-free delights, we merge nutrition and taste. Begin your journey towards wellness with us today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Are you ordering them online or have you found a local supplier?

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
        Are you ordering them online or have you found a local supplier?
        I have only bought their stuff online. Usually on amazon. I wish some of these things were available where I am, but alas, no such luck in the bustling metropolis of Lufkin Tx.

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dang y’all! I just sprayed 2 slice of this down with ghee oil and threw on the griddle topped with some provolone and uncured salami. Sammich craving done![emoji3]. Hope I’m still good in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Oh dang y’all! I just sprayed 2 slice of this down with ghee oil and threw on the griddle topped with some provolone and uncured salami. Sammich craving done![emoji3]. Hope I’m still good in the morning.

I didn't come out of ketosis when I had it. I doubt you will either.

Comment

If you're trying to maintain blood sugar, keto is a temporary fix with damage in the long haul. I switched to high carb, low fat, low protein. Keto kept me tired and exhausted. No energy at all, ever. I wanted to sleep all the time. Now, I'm full of jet fuel, working night shift patrol from 6p to 6a, leaving work and killing the gym, and my blood sugar has drastically came down. I'm not taking Metformin anymore. This works for type 1 people too, lowering your insulin dosages. It sux to give up a lot of meat, but I'm getting creative with fruits and vegetables. Never thought I could touch oatmeal, bananas, grapes, potatoes, and so on, because of the carbs. My breakfast now can be a whole bowl of oatmeal, three bananas, and a cup of blueberries. I scarf down about 5 to 600 grams of carbs per day... Carbs 70%, fat 15%, and protein 15%. I was doing it all wrong on keto. A low-fat, plant-based, whole-food diet is the way to go. You will feel 110% different in a weeks time. If you have time, watch this video and/or read the content. You'll be scared $#!*less thinking about scarfing down unrefined carbs in fear of your blood sugar skyrocketing. Trust me, it will work. I'm not a rep for this in any way. Just did some searching a while back because I felt like crap all of the time and I couldn't keep my blood sugar down.
              Going low-carb isn't the answer if you're insulin resistant. Instead, you’ll benefit from reducing your fat intake significantly. Here’s how.
              Last edited by BowPro73; 06-15-2019, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
                If you're trying to maintain blood sugar, keto is a temporary fix with damage in the long haul. I switched to high carb, low fat, low protein. Keto kept me tired and exhausted. No energy at all, ever. I wanted to sleep all the time. Now, I'm full of jet fuel, working night shift patrol from 6p to 6a, leaving work and killing the gym, and my blood sugar has drastically came down. I'm not taking Metformin anymore. This works for type 1 people too, lowering your insulin dosages. It sux to give up a lot of meat, but I'm getting creative with fruits and vegetables. Never thought I could touch oatmeal, bananas, grapes, potatoes, and so on, because of the carbs. My breakfast now can be a whole bowl of oatmeal, three bananas, and a cup of blueberries. I scarf down about 5 to 600 grams of carbs per day... Carbs 70%, fat 15%, and protein 15%. I was doing it all wrong on keto. A low-fat, plant-based, whole-food diet is the way to go. You will feel 110% different in a weeks time. If you have time, watch this video and/or read the content. You'll be scared $#!*less thinking about scarfing down unrefined carbs in fear of your blood sugar skyrocketing. Trust me, it will work. I'm not a rep for this in any way. Just did some searching a while back because I felt like crap all of the time and I couldn't keep my blood sugar down.
                https://www.masteringdiabetes.org/re...-presentation/

This is why it’s best to listen to your body. I feel like absolute garbage on a high carb diet, even a clean one. Other people feel like garbage on keto.

I, for one, won’t stop utilizing Keto in my diet for a VERY long time.

Comment

sounss like u need to go to the dr

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                    This is why it’s best to listen to your body. I feel like absolute garbage on a high carb diet, even a clean one. Other people feel like garbage on keto.

I guess that could be the case. Keto just enhances cholesterol and insulin resistance. My thought was like many others, carbs increase blood sugar numbers, so I kept the carbs out and ate high calorie/fat foods like steaks, chicken, avocados, and so on. My blood sugar numbers fluctuated terribly. It was quite annoying to think I could solve the problem. I switched and jumped to the high carb side, completely opposite of Keto . Man, I don't think I have felt this good, honestly, in at least six years or so. My energy level is over the roof. I was to the point that I didn't feel like doing the things I love.. bowhunting namely. Just didn't have the drive to get up and do anything. I just thought I'd share the info for anyone struggling with this blood sugar crap. If the keto doesn't work, it's really worth a shot. The video and page resources are very informative of how and why it works. I had to go back over all the info numerous times to begin to understand the scientific lingo thrown around. Lol, but it's making a lot of sense now, and it has completely worked for me. I'm wired to the bone as I write this, just getting off at 6 am. When I shut it down, I'll be up in 5 or 6 hours, ready to do something with the kiddos before night shift again. It's really crazy, but exciting at the same time. Hope someone can find it informative and give them an amazing turnaround. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                      sounss like u need to go to the dr
                      If that was for me, the Dr. said cut out carbs, like all other doctors. Metformin and "blood pressure pills to prevent liver damage from metformin," not having high blood pressure. I knew there was a better way than just a band-aid. I've cleaned it up on my own without that medication.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck

Comment

Not Keto but I did the Whole 30 process and have continued it for the most part.
                          First 30 days I lost 12.5 lbs. Second round of 30 days I lost 8.5lbs. Now I am walking/jogging regularly. Went from 205 to 185 in two months. Looking for 175 by the end of July.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

I agree. I was type 2 and on medicine. Now I am off medicine and sugars are great. My body feels absolutely great. It kills all the inflammation in my body.
                            I am maintaining and will keep it up

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                            Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

I had to quit the keto. Evidently it’s not the best diet post heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
                                https://www.masteringdiabetes.org/re...-presentation/
                                Sounds like you have found what your body prefers to burn as fuel. I personally believe we are all different and can't all follow the same eating habits. I can run on a diet similar to yours as long as I consistently eat at regular intervals. If I miss a meal I would be seriously hurting as my body will basically shut down and let me know it's not happy without carbs.

On Keto I can go all day on one, two or even no meals. I do boost carbs if and when doing long stretches of strenuous exercise i.e. 4 games of basketball.

Currently I am doing a more balanced intake of protein, carbs and fats. Seems like my body is doing good on it with out the complete tendency of my body to shut down if I miss a meal.

Comment

Working...
                                X