Home ice machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home ice machine

I’m looking for recommendations for an ice maker for the house. Nothing commercial grade or sized, but big enough to fill up a cooler when needed. I’m thinking something that holds 20-30 lbs of ice would be plenty. does anyone have one they would recommend?

We were in the process of getting a new and larger one for church and the sales rep said for a church, it didn't make sense unless you had daily demands Machine makes ice nearly continually, ice in storage bin melts continually, and you pay the water and electric bills whether you use the ice or not. We are considering buying a large chest freezer and bagging the ice and storing it in the freezer. You can buy a lot ice for what an ice-maker sells for. Makes sense to me.

Comment

Buc-ee's has 20 lbs for a 99 cents that's hard to beat.
      When you figure in what one at home will cost electricity you can just buy a bunch of bags put in the freezer and still come out ahead

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

that's if you're close to somewhere that has a cheap supply of ice. I have a home use one that I got for free and it works ok but it doesn't make enough quickly enough for a large cooler. i'm in the market for a small commercial grade one but im checking action sites. I would also like a coke machine

Comment

I have a commercial size unit at home. Yea it continually melts/makes ice. Once you have one you will never be without one.

Comment

I have a Hoshizaki residential unit in the bar at my house. I have been happy with it.

I had our cabinet guy make a door panel that matches our cabinets to attach to the ice maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
              I have a commercial size unit at home. Yea it continually melts/makes ice. Once you have one you will never be without one.

That’s a fact!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                I have a Hoshizaki residential unit in the bar at my house. I have been happy with it.

I had our cabinet guy make a door panel that matches our cabinets to attach to the ice maker.

Good choice in brand

Comment

Anything but kitchenaid

Comment

In. I have to buy ice daily. A couple bucks a day adds up.

Gary

Comment

It's also cheaper to buy meat at the store yet I hunt for my own. I too want a home I've make whether it makes sense or not.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The residential undercounter machines won't make enough to fill coolers, unless they are small. A small commercial model with a 100 lb. bin would be what you need. Before buying, think hard about your needs. A small capacity with a bigger bin may do what you need. If you need lots of ice, big bin, big machine.

Comment

Ice is to cheap.

Comment

Whirlpool. Here. Works fine and emptying the bin will make a good dent in a 45q cooler. May not be to the brim but good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              We were in the process of getting a new and larger one for church and the sales rep said for a church, it didn't make sense unless you had daily demands Machine makes ice nearly continually, ice in storage bin melts continually, and you pay the water and electric bills whether you use the ice or not. We are considering buying a large chest freezer and bagging the ice and storing it in the freezer. You can buy a lot ice for what an ice-maker sells for. Makes sense to me.

True

I would recommend each evening dumping your ice in a gallon ziploc and putting it in the freezer. Would save money and ice would last longer

Comment

Working...
                              X